Need Cooking Help !

cookingnoob

Hello,

I have a problem. My friends like american food and I told them that I can cook them for them but unfortenately I can't.
So now I need some good recipes of americen food to impress them so please help me with books, links and tips.
Thank you for your help.

Best regard,

cookingnoob

Don't be surprised when you receive his submission for the Big Spring Contest :-

the Baron said:
Try McDonald's or Burger King :D

ROTFFLMFAO!!!!!!! :D

yea right there, thats american food, at its finest... ;) sadly :'(

try cheeseburgers man, i love em, good old american food right there, take a patty of ground beef, and cook it real slow until cooked thero, ad some spices to the meat, some onions and stuff, garlic, NOT TOO MUCH just enough wher]e it gets a kick, if they like heat, add some spice. don't cook it too fast, nice and slow, just enough so it cooks, so its jucy.

then when its almost done cooking, put a nice slab of cheese on top to melt, prep some buns, toast them if you wish, get some lettuce, tomato, union, rellish, mustard, spicey peppers of choice, hot sauces (OPTIONAL ketchup.) set the condaments of there choice up so they can make the burger there way.

ALSO, try hot dogs, thats a american classic, Koegels preferred, bout the same condiments as the hamburger, put that puppy on the grill and cook them nice and slow till there plump, a Koegel is ready when they basically splid, but do not put them over direct fire or they will burn fast, Man of experience talking right here. but hot dogs are best cooked over a fire man, just over some hot Coals. and you got yourself some good hot dogs!!!!

My recipe for burgers.......

2lbs of ground beef, lean or X-Lean
add in garlic (real chopped, none of this powdered crap)
Finely chopped onion
Italian Seasoning
Crushed Chilies
One raw egg
1 cup of seasoned bread crumbs
1/4 cup crumbled Feta Cheese

Now the fun part......

Put all of that in a bowl and hand mix.....no, not with a spoon, get in there with both hands and mix it all up.

Make into patties, and grill on the BBQ low and slow till cooked, top with a sharp cheddar. Sooooo yummy!

I am having a dinner party on Saturday, here is the menu:

Apple brined pork with a Mango salsa
roasted corn on the cob
A cabbage salad
for desert:
A carrot cake or mango sorbet, or if you are adventurous a Avocado ice cream pie

Will that help with cooking?

Grendels said:

roasted corn on the cob
A cabbage salad
for desert:
A carrot cake or mango sorbet, or if you are adventurous a Avocado ice cream pie

i need to try some of your cooking sometime.

Two words: meat loaf.

2 lbs ground beef, or meat loaf mix (ground beef, pork and veal--many US grocery stores sell it. Good for meatballs, too)
2 large rolls (kaiser rolls, aka Semmel), fresh, ground up for bread crumbs
2 eggs
pinch salt
pinch ground black pepper

Spices and herbs may vary:
1 medium onion, minced
1 clove garlic, crushed
1/4 tsp or so paprika
1/4 tsp or so parsley
a dash of Worcester sauce
1/4 tsp dry mustard

Some also use ketchup, but for me, ketchup goes on my fries, or my scrapple. Jedem det Seine!

Bacon, cut into strips

To prepare:
Grind the rolls in a blender or food processor
In a large bowl, mix the ground meat, the bread crumbs, eggs and spices. Best way is to mix by hand, till everything is thoroughly mixed.

Line a loaf pan with the strips of bacon, leaving the ends over the edges of the pan
Fill the pan with the meat mixture, then fold the bacon strips back over the top

Place the pan in a baking pan or dish (to catch any fat that may drip out) and bake at 300 degrees for 90 minutes, or until done. The bacon helps keep the loaf moist, and adds flavor.

Great served hot, or cold, sliced, in sandwiches. Serve hot with mashed potatoes or steak fries, and red cabbage, and a glass of good beer. Cold, sliced, on a kaiser roll with brown mustard, maybe a slice of onion and a slice of cheese, and a glass of good beer.

Meat loaf is one of my yardsticks for judging a diner--good diners have good meat loaf. That, along with corned beef hash and creamed dried beef. And good diners have 24-hour breakfast menus.

13aceofspades13 said:
Grendels said:

roasted corn on the cob
A cabbage salad
for desert:

Find your way to Texas, stop by and I will whip something up!

i need to try some of your cooking sometime.

Latest posts

Back