Nazi Zombies!!!!

alfonzo1

Hey Guys,

You may have seen in the 'Chit-Chat' Section I enquired about 1/35 scale zombies but had no joy. So I decided to have a go at making my own out of bits and bobs, mainly tamiya and dragon left overs with lashings of milliput.

I intend to make a diorama with the zombies, thinking them approaching a check point held by US or British troops along a track/road.

Not quite finished with the zombies paint jobs but thought I'd upload them for feed back and suggestions, i'm all ears.

Cheers,

Alan.

SJ6Km.jpg

yKjPF.jpg

VyILm.jpg

0ltlS.jpg

Hi there Alan,

Nice concept with the Gore thing!!!

maybe a bit more dried blood and some dirt in some of the figure... just like "Night of the Living Dead"

just my 2 cents, Cheers!!!

I think once I have decided the diorama I will mud up the figures, boots look far too clean.

Yeah definitely an element of the inspiration, lost many an hour to those two.

I'm a zombie guy though, always been a big fan of Romero, Argento and Fulci, the movie 'dead snow' also (although didnt think that was great). And as a Brit 'Shaun of the Dead' which has got to be the best reference/homage to the genre.

Fancied doing something a bit different and I like getting stories into my models.

Alan.

Tamiya clear red makes great blood. I used it with my afterlife entry....

Looks good so far!

Another good method to add to the realism is to mix some UHU glue with red paint. It allows you to create what looks like strands of blood actually dripping from dismembered body parts. Just mix and apply with a toothpick, pulling it down as you go.

I second the UHU gore idea... I've also used it to make entrails etc, just mix in your prefered colour and let it set in a plastic container. You can keep coming back to it for months, just pull a chunk off, work it for what you need (eg: twist it for entrails) fix it lightly in place and then dope it to set it hard. I tend to use superglue liquid for doping as it's very immediate esp. if you use zip on it.

Zombies and Nazis are always cool, but you put them together and you have sub-zero cool. Kind of like the old Return to Castle Wolfenstein game.

That's brilliant and hilarious, (i mean that in a complimentary way, i don't know why but zombie movies always make me laugh)
Funnily enough i was going to say, you should watch Dead Snow for some German infantry Zombie inspiration, I, surprisingly, really enjoyed it, given it was a bargain bucket dvd and I was initially dissapointed to discover it was subbed, I especially liked the surprise ending where it appears very much that one of the guys has made it to find the main commander Zombie standing right outside his car window.

The only critique I can offer here, and i'm certainly no figure expert, let alone zombie expert, i'd suggest making the fleshtone, paler, greyer and generally deader looking, think Resident Evil and you can see what i'm thinking.

i THINK THIS DIORAM IS iNAPPROPRIATE AND EXAGERATE I WILL SAY WHY YOU DO NOT DELITE IT?

alfonzo1 said:
Thanks for the tips guys, hope to come back to this soon.

Interesting idea ! thou... it might upset a few ? You should try getting an Admin to Add in the title... "Blood and Gore" LOL you know to warn those that might find it objectionable...!

Are you planning for a big Bunch of them or just the few that you currently display ???
You know Zombies like to hang in Crowds !!! LOL

I found the "C.O.D Black Ops" zombie maps interesting and I find it amusing that someone would undertake working on a similar subject ! Looking forward to your next Update !

At least you found a Niche ! not too many peoples would have thought of doing such a dio !!!

Keep up the good work ! Don't forget to have FUN !!!

Norm.

Latest posts

Back