Napoleonic Projects

longlance67

cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war -shakespear
Howdie All,

my first thread in a very long time, so its time to getting cracking again, ive been taken down a new direction in modelling on a topic ive always wanted to try but never really got the chance till now. So im taking the plunge and gonna give Napoleonic's a go.

the first set of figures ive started and is nearly finished is a Russian Pavlovsk Grenadier command section, the models are 28mm from warlord games for their black powder rule system (which i got my hands on ;) )

P1110413.jpg

P1110412.jpg

they are still WIP, and the flags still need attention and the base need some flocking

and another chap ive in late WIP stage is French heavy cav standard bearer, in a waterloo setting

P1110407_zps3f51ba4e.jpg

P1110409_zpsd0b687dc.jpg

still have to paint up three regiments of russian line (about 32 models each), a french line Inf regiment, and young and old guard....Santa was very good to me :p

so we have a lot pf paint to do !

so buckle in gents ;D

really like to hear what yee make of them as this era is completely new to me,

thanks,

shane :)

Very cool Shane, They look good to me but im not an Expert :) i plan on doing more in eh fig department this year so hopefully i can get some other type of fig other than a German to paint :)

Hi,

Great job, especially considering they are 28mm!!!!!!

Well done,

Regards,

Craig.

PS. The Satin finish looks good.

-Spud, cheers for the kind words, glad to see you driving into figures buddy, its a very enjoyable part of the hobby, and its rewarding :)

be looking forward to your own figure builds in future ;D

Craig, thanks for the support, these little chaps are indeed small 28mm is roughly 1/58 scale so its a challenge at times, but they have are packed with loads of character :)

glad you like the satin finish ive had some very bad expericances with GW's satin spray a while ago, but had no such problems with Vallejo products

will have some WIPs of the Pavolsk Grenadiers and command for the french line Inf up in the next few days

Hi Shane ,

Nice to see you having a go at the Napoleonics ...I love them ;D ,great work on the little figs , Have seen the Victorex figures ? ,they do some nice Napoleonic wargame figures ,also 1/32nd multipose figs . ... Keep at it mate ;)

Chris.

Chris S said:
Hi Shane ,

Nice to see you having a go at the Napoleonics ...I love them ;D ,great work on the little figs , Have seen the Victorex figures ? ,they do some nice Napoleonic wargame figures ,also 1/32nd multipose figs . ... Keep at it mate ;)

Chris.

hiya chris,

funny you mention Victoroix got myself a box of their french middle guard over the holidays, 34 euro for 60 figs cant beat that, and further more spures included the bearskins for the old guard too, so im think doing half middle or young and the other half old guard ;)

Hi all,

have some to progress to share with you :)

been working on the battalion commander for my Russian army, he's a nice metal mounted figure from warlord games
im not the biggest fan of metal figures when it comes to painting them, as to risk of chipping the paint during the WIP stage can be a little head wrecking at times :(

this chap is nearly finished just have to give the face another highlight and same for the buttons also

P1110427.jpg

P1110431.jpg

also some goodies arrived in the post from perry mini's ;D

P1110432.jpg

got myself some guns to blast some holes in my enemies lines during black powder ;)

i couldnt show off as much of the detail of the crew and guns as the bear metal is very shining so its hard to get a nice close up shot of them :( but trust me they are little gems ;)

French Guard Horse Artillery 5.5 inch Howitzer
P1110437.jpg

Russian 6 Pounder (line artillery)

P1110439.jpg

P1110441.jpg

some many more updates to follow, still have around 96 Russian inf and around an equal number of French to get my armies done :p

cheers,

shane

Hi all,

just a quick update, still working away on the mounted Russian Colonel's horse which can be a slow process as horse painting is new ground for me, and also ive nearly finished my first battalion of Russian Grenadiers which ill have wip and finished pics up in the next day or two ;D

till then gents,

cheers,

shane.

Looking superb! I love the Napoleonic era. I don't know if I could do figures at this scale, but if I were to, I'd go for these. The colours from this time in military history were so resplendent. Great job! I'm looking forward to seeing more of these.

Geegad and Igard -thanks for the kind comments :)

Have another WIP update, been working on the Mount for my Russian Officer yesterday and today trying to make the best of use of my remaining free time before returning to college :)

The model is from Warlord games included in their Russian starter army deal, the figure which ive posted ealier is oki, but the horses sculpt is a little off the poor beast looks have staved ! :p

after being sprayed matt black, the horsey was first painted in Vallejo Dark Sea Grey (70991) as a base which was built up in a few thin layers

P1110475.jpg

Once dried the model was then given a wash of Citadel's Agrax Earthshade to add shade and depth

P1110478.jpg

then it was onto highlighting, I added successive layers of a mix of Vallejo Dark Sea Grey and Sky Grey (70989) adding more Sky Grey to each layer

P1110480.jpg

P1110483.jpg

now all that needs to be done is painting the tail and main as well as the saddle

so till then

thank for looking,

shane :)

Hi All,

quick update got my Mounted Colonel painted up :)

P1110488.jpg

P1110491.jpg

P1110490.jpg

P1110492.jpg

hope you enjoy,

next on the bench is the first Battalion of Infantry (32 models)

till then gents

cheers,

shane

Looks like I need to spend some more time looking around than building!! Great job on these Shane!! Especially for the scale!! ;)

T - thanks very much for dropping by :)
really appreciate the kind words mate, i'm really enjoying this project, but it can be a little daunting at times when i think of the amount figures i have to paint and base up ??? :p

seeing that Cannon brought back Memorys or pouring our own when we were kids at home and painting them that was fun.

Looking good Shane

Spud - thanks fort the comment, a couple of years ago when i was younger my da got ms a mold set from prince august which we spent a few evenings casting our own little armies :)

Geegad - thanks very much for the kind words mate :)

been working on the my first unit of grenadiers should have wip pics up very soon

Latest posts

Back