My U-69

Sorry Roy, not yet....but since the interest has brought my interest back up a little, I will dust her off soon (after I get something on the bench done) and snap some pics. What I have till now is in the thread here. Thankful I figured out a little better picture taking since those last posts! I hope it fit into the booth though!! :eek:

I know there are a few still kicking around. I remember reading something about these VIIC's being discontinued at one point. Friend grabbed this kit up from a small LHS in New Jersey when he was vacationing! The Gato is a sweet kit too!

Holy crap! :eek: Got some sweet work going on there bud! Beautiful detailing! But ah after the first page what happened? ;) Oh maybe it has to do with the pic of your wife letting her feelings show!? LOL!!! ;D ;D
The pic of the Trident is of the old screw used up until the 90's. They were quiet then, with the new screw,Um good luck!

Thanks Pete!! As for "what happen after the first page" bit....you above all will understand the intricacies of the "shelf queen". LOL 8) I have to dust this off now! Too many bumps in the post! :eek:

TuT ::) Thought there was an update then :p ;D BTW I've built that Flower class Corvette ,many years ago ,originally a Matchbox kit if I remember correctly , Getting the hull and decks together is a bit of a nightmare , the Hull being in four sections ,but once past that its a great build :)

Chris.

Chris S said:
TuT ::) Thought there was an update then :p ;D BTW I've built that Flower class Corvette ,many years ago ,originally a Matchbox kit if I remember correctly , Getting the hull and decks together is a bit of a nightmare , the Hull being in four sections ,but once past that its a great build :)

Chris.

That is the only part of the corvette I dread as well, but I would like to get one to stick in the stash, and have on hand for when I am feeling really ambitious. I used to lust over that Matchbox boxing of that kit, sort of like Ralphie and the Red Rider BB gun from Christmas Story ;D

I vote you finish this before you touch the Maryland !!!!!!! ;D

And I won't chime in on the screw debate ;) Since I can't confirm or deny actual specifications.

Seriously though.....FINISH. Also. It gives you a reason to try out AK's new Naval Ships weathering product line!

Since that's Kennedy's boat, does it come with a sound chip screaming " That's Good Chowda !" and a complimentary family pass to Kennebunkport? ;)

That project will turn out sweeeeeet.

LOL...I was thinking the sound track might be "look out skipper...there's a big a$$ Japanese boat right there!!" And free canoe ride for the crew!! :eek:

Latest posts

Back