My Secondary Entry Death Race Mini

XXXNITRO

Hi Guys

Well I will see what I can do with this in 3 1/2 weeks till dead line the drawings are done now just the building.

XXXNITRO

[attachment deleted by admin]

That is gonna be sweet! Looking forward to it!!!!Will be watching along buddy!!!! ;)

This is what I did tonight this build is going along great I probably just jinxed myself by saying that anyway here are some photos of tonight's work. Built space frame and roll cage.Lots of textures to create heavy rust in some areas.Bulky weld seams.Primed.

After they drop little buckets of sunshine and you find yourself cruising the waste land beggars can't be choosers.

Car: 1967 Mini Cooper
Engine: 3.8L Jag in line six
Drive line and rear end:Jag
Weapons:TBA
Everything else:Scratch built.

XXXNITRO

Thanks guys for the comments and views they are very much appreciated.

ScaleModelDisciple I used Evergeen styrene 1/8" tubing.This company makes a large range of shapes and sheets of styrene I beams, H beams, c channel, 1/4 rounds ,1/2 rounds, angle, strip,tubes, rods etc.
If you like scratch building in plastic its plastic nirvana. ;D

XXXNITRO

Hi SMA

Body work was on the bench tonight rust holes dents just plain ole beat up sheet metal.This part of the model work gives a whole new meaning to kit bashing. ;D

Enjoy the pics.

XXXNITRO

Awesome!! My first car was a Mini, a "72" though, not a 67. Also had a 3.6L straight 6 Jag. Its like your running with my past and pulling it together in the future. Love the rust work and damage. Uncannily like my Mini also.

Good Luck!

I like what you did to the body could you share how did you obtain the dents? Did you thinned the plastic and use a hairdryer or did you use a different technique?
Regards
Lukasz

Can I suspect..... That, those 2 Long white rods are what's keeping the body and frame together???

Running inside the bottom frame tubings? If so? Great idea?

And I love the work you have done so far! It's gonna be a killer ride!

LOL

Latest posts

Back