my plane.

Cool. I love rusty, abandoned things. Do you have close up photographs of it?

Cool idea for a dio, Bob! I've been turning around on my chair, trying to see if I can guess what kind of plane it is. What kit is it, how did you do the base and the foliage? "Input, input, need input!" ;D

oh, and also, the rusty burnet out effect was created using about 5 tons of pigement.

the base was made with plaster of paris, brown craft paint and powdered turf grass stuff and some small clumps of lichen.

Great rusty stuff.

As for positive advice: avoid using lichen for bushes. The simple fact is, that it does not look realistic enough. Go out to your garden/ local park and search out some roots, twigs and use weeds, moss, ferns for leaves. You could also buy P.E leaves if you wish.

Info on preservation:

1. The Glycerine method. Glycerine or Glycerol is readily available at the pharmacy of at some supermarkets. Take your plant (moss, fern, leaf etc.) and put it on a piece of tissue paper. In a jar, mix 1 part Glycerine with 10 parts water (1:10 ratio). Put this mixture into a spray bottle and mist your plant. I don't fully understand the scientific jargon, but I believe the Glycerine/water mixture will be absorbed by the plant, the water will evaporate but the glycerine will stay in the plant, preserving it.

2. Pressing. With smaller weeds/leaves, putting them inside a notebook for about a week will sometimes preserve them. Make sure as soon as you take the plant out of the book, you paint it.

Chas ;)

you do know this is an old dio rama and it was just a test post right. i use plants in my dios now, but i put them in the oven spray em with 2 coats of future and then a coat of dull cote and then paint the leaves.

bobman331 said:
you do know this is an old dio rama and it was just a test post right. i use plants in my dios now, but i put them in the oven spray em with 2 coats of future and then a coat of dull cote and then paint the leaves.
Good stuff. Just offering some friendly tips. ;)

Chas

bobman331 said:
iknow, its cool. btw, have you seen the kamploonians vids on diorama making? thre rally helpfull.
Yea, I watch those from time to time. He is a good teacher.

Chas ;)

Latest posts

Back