my little dio

noname

I decided to do some figures for a change. I've been wanting to do a dio for some time now so the BSC is a good chance to do this. I really like Miniart stuff. I was pleased with the level of detail in their Dingo Scout and I really like these figures. I think they rival Dragon myself.

I just taped the figures for now as I still have to do a little putty work on the seams. How do you figure guys usually secure them while painting?

The guns needed straps so I whipped a couple up with Tamiya tape. Believe it or not I actually look forward to painting them.

Looks good! I'll be following this one.

As for your question on securing them for painting. Are you referring to a way to hold them while painting? If so, then drill a hole from the bottom of the shoe up into a leg, glue a piece of paperclip in there. then chuck it up in a pin vice.

duke-3.jpg

The figures are shaping up well my freind good job

Dan B

Thanks guys. Ya, I will probably stick a rod in one foot and then I will have something to secure the figure to the dio base as well. I was trying to remember what the blue tack stuff was I see some people use. I guess maybe that is just what it was, ..blue tack like what you use to stick pictures to the wall or something.

Re: The Communist Threat

Well Leighbo, I think these guys look like they are getting down and funky at a concert. ;D No, I'm not doing a dancing soviet diorama. Although I do think it a very good idea. It is actually going to be a bit of a tongue in cheek sort of thing on the threat of Communism. I don't want to give to much away at the moment. But I am waiting for a set of American soldiers from ECM.

Yeah a concert would definitely be sometime different!

I'll look forward to watching the surprise unfold

noname said:
Thanks guys. Ya, I will probably stick a rod in one foot and then I will have something to secure the figure to the dio base as well. I was trying to remember what the blue tack stuff was I see some people use. I guess maybe that is just what it was, ..blue tack like what you use to stick pictures to the wall or something.

That is exactly what it is. The stuff you stick posters on the wall with.

Thanks guys. I'll have to get me more of that blue tacky stuff.

Well my other figures came today. Thanks Scott (AKA ECH). And the proof of date picture.

Didn't expect to see my scout there.lol You may be asking what the guys from Guadalcanal have to do with Russian soldiers? Well, they won't be in the Pacific for one thing. Actually, I got these figures because I think the uniform could work for a number of settings. I'm no expert but I think they could even pass for Korea or post war European country. To tell you the truth, I don't know where they will end up. It's not really that important. A generic background maybe.

Here are the Marines put together. I have to clean up a tad, specially around the neck. Then it's primer time.

I think I like the detail better of the Minimart guys. But the Dragon figures go together well. I noticed the styrene is harder on the Dragon guys as well. No big deal really. I just notice it when cleaning them.

I really wonder what the composition of the dio will be! The figures come along very nicely! I have to agree on your statement of the MiniArt figure quality. Keep it coming!

Thanks guys.

A little update. Got some flesh painted.

The Soviets are a little blurry. But you get the idea right?

Ooooh... (russian accent ---> ) "I follow you now" ;)

I was looking all the time in the "Diorama" section :-[ ... that explains why I was unable to locate your project ;D

Ok, ok, don´t be cruel, right? give these Western World GIs a chance ! ;D

Later noname ;)
RGR

Thanks a lot guys. I've been picking at the Russian uniforms. I'll show a pic. when I get them rest done. The US guys have only had their face and hands painted so far.

Latest posts

Back