my hind diorama project

froymot

hey guys, my name's Tom i'm 17 and ive been modeling for about 2 years, this is the current project :)
its going to be a 1:35th hind flying over a woodish area with a burned out and run down t-72
P8100008.jpg
P9210012.jpg
i'm going to try a trick i saw on armorama for the trees: http://www.armorama.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=Sections&file=index&req=viewarticle&artid=2626
P9210013.jpg
not much left to do for the hind, paint and attach the rotors. i'm using tape to gently bend them a bit to get the mid flight look and was wondering iff any one had any ideas to get them to stay curved after i take the tape off.
P9210014.jpg
P9210015.jpg

Hiya Tom!!! Nice little Dio you have going on there!! BTW, thanks the fro "tree" link...definitely a cool idea. ;)

Ok.... I remember some of this..... Cool Idea about the Forced Perspective Diorama....

anyway.... Rotors....

when a Hind is Parked ! the rotors look like this... some Droop but nothing major...

hingurakgoda_base_mi-24.jpg

and in flight it might look like this.... Cruising along...

mi2439aw.jpg

Lifting off you might see a little more "inverted Dip"... if I can use that term ? (load)

007078en.jpg

so... don't be too concerned about your Rotor curving... Less is more !!!

It's a beautiful kit you have there.... Keep up the good work

hey guys, some more work done finally :p sorry for the wait haha, its more or less done exept for the rotors that still need fixing in place. the only thing is now i have to where to put this beast hahaha this didn't occour to me when i got it :p ???
P2260265.jpg
P2170244.jpg
P2170245.jpg
P2170246.jpg
P2260274.jpg
P2170244.jpg
P2260270.jpg
P2260263.jpg
P2260261.jpg

Ahh, you made some nice progress!!! Keep it going!! Look around for some clear styrene rod for the Hind support. Either way it works nicely!!!

Awesome! I love that base. 8)

Could just be your avatar, but this kind of reminds me of a 'Fallout' type scenario.

haha thanks! wierdly thats what i was sort of going for haha and speaking of post apocalyptic mad max-ish stuff that brings me on to ideas for my next project :p

schweinhund227 said:
Ok.... I remember some of this..... Cool Idea about the Forced Perspective Diorama....

anyway.... Rotors....

when a Hind is Parked ! the rotors look like this... some Droop but nothing major...

hingurakgoda_base_mi-24.jpg

and in flight it might look like this.... Cruising along...

mi2439aw.jpg

Lifting off you might see a little more "inverted Dip"... if I can use that term ? (load)

007078en.jpg

so... don't be too concerned about your Rotor curving... Less is more !!!

It's a beautiful kit you have there.... Keep up the good work
thaks for those btw :) they helped alot ill get some piks soon of the curve i managed to get :)

Latest posts

Back