My Entry: Hasegawa F-4J Phantom USMC

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr....gh. Thut slux Beavis.

You can bounce back though....don't give up on this one.

The decals would probably be best. If in a pinch you probably could get away with some fancy stenciling and the airbrush. I'm sure you'll get things in order. Good luck.

Ya, I already went ahead and put in an order for another set. For now, I can work on cleaning up and re-painting the tail, and I think, hitting the other areas (the "marines" decal for example on both sides of the fuselage got pulled up in spots) with a polishing stick, to get them nice and glossy and ready to accept new decal segments. There are also plenty of other bits to be done in the meantime, like the landing gear, cockpit/canopy and weapons. It was disappointing when it happened but I'm getting over it!

Yikes! I feel your pain I'm going through the same thing on a ship I'm building. It will work out. Keep your head high and regroup! Good luck.

The decals pealing like that totally sucks Hodges. But on the up side the Alclad looks great.

Ouch !!!! That is so sad.

BTW if you are looking for an alternative to Alcades have you ever tried Citadel Paint eg Bun bolt metal, mitheral silver ...

Look as good to my eye without the side effects

Rob

My apologies for asking Hodges... before you seal it with Matte coat did you used the Decal setter and softer? and maybe the coat is too thick and it reacted on the Tamiya tape, when you pulled it off...

Eastrock said:
My apologies for asking Hodges... before you seal it with Matte coat did you used the Decal setter and softer? and maybe the coat is too thick and it reacted on the Tamiya tape, when you pulled it off...

I did use micro set and sol. Also, the problem wasn't the tamiya tape I used to get the crisp edges, but rather the generic masking tape I used to cover up the large areas. In future, I need to put the piece of tape down on the back of my hand a few times to reduce the tack. I didn't do that. It was careless.

Such a great looking build. Man I would have ripped my esophagus out with my foot if that were me.

Hey! My baby's officially been rescued.

cd9b3.jpg

Latest posts

Back