My automotive entry: 1949 Mercury

CTspeedshop

I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue. : )
I'm a little late getting started but here is my entry. It's a 1949 Mercury by Revell. I'm itching to to throw some guns and other goodies on her. Definitely not going for a shiny show car with this one. ;D

image_zpsc18c4df4.jpg

Chris S said:
Gem of a kit :)
Looks great out of the box. Not much clean up needed on the body. I can see why people like this kit. ;)

What an awesome ride, i love the mercury lead sled! Will be watching closely

Saw the 1:1 version of this on the street today. Black with lime green scallops across the front end. I thought a certain Dr. was in the house, but I'm a long way from Florida! Great potential for a creative build.

Dale

scaledale said:
Saw the 1:1 version of this on the street today. Black with lime green scallops across the front end. I thought a certain Dr. was in the house, but I'm a long way from Florida! Great potential for a creative build.

Dale
Thanks Dale. I think I know what Dr. you are talking about. ;D

CTspeedshop said:
scaledale said:

Dale
Thanks Dale. I think I know what Dr. you are talking about. ;D

When it comes to Styrene, in my opinion there is only one Dr. LOL ;D

Here is a pic just to show how slow I am going. Lol. I haven't even started prepping the body yet but I started scratching a roof rack. I did manage to get most of the engine assembled. Maybe my next update will be a little more exciting. ;D

image_zps48e7ede6.jpg

Slick paint work on the motor. Is that all airbrushed? If so, what paint? It's super smooth.

Dale

scaledale said:
Slick paint work on the motor. Is that all airbrushed? If so, what paint? It's super smooth.

Dale
Thanks for the kind words Dale. The engine block was sprayed with rattle can flat black. (Rust-Oleum) The valve covers, intake and air cleaners were sprayed with Model Master Stainless Steel Metalizer. They were then slightly buffed with a q-tip. The transmission was hand brushed with Testor's enamel. The carbs were also brush painted. Finally a black wash was added to the whole engine for a little more realism. So far the airbrush has been on stand-by but it's about to come out and play. ;D

Latest posts

Back