My Aircraft Builds

Jim62

Just wanted to share a few aircraft builds I enjoyed doing upon return to the hobby in 2018 this one is Brewster Buffalo I really enjoyed building. It wasn't an aircraft I was familiar being in the early arsenal but it's a Midway build and those Marines gave it their best. I paint with Tamiya Acrylics and paint most of the markings, only using decals when I cannot avoid it. I loathe decals. IMG_0635.JPG For the life of me I can not remember what kit this P-40 was but as you can see I did George Welch's from Dec 7th. I should have lightened the olive drab a bit but hey now it's covered in dust on the shelf and that lightened it up. LOL.
IMG_0662.JPG
The Jug. I painted this from a scheme in a book that listed the pilot unknown. The Jug is my favorite simply because it took a licking and kept on ticking. My first lame attempt at grass on the display.
IMG_0661.JPG
This P40 replicates one flown in the Battle of Egypt and sorry but I cannot remember the pilots name.
IMG_0690.JPG
Up next the Wildcat. I really enjoyed painting the markings on this. The tail was a challenge and elicited a few unkind words while masking but I managed to keep it together. LOL. IMG_0699.JPG
Up next the Hellcat.
IMG_0719.JPG
Last is two P-51's and man they were a blast to paint. The diamonds on Kathleen and squares on Gentleman Jim were very tedious but came out surprisingly well. I did these two because I am Jim and my wife is Kathleen. I had to improvise the Gentleman Jim Hat and Cane but I managed to get a stencil made, though not accurate, I still got a hat and cane painted on there. These were my last two aircraft builds before sliding into dioramas. I hope you enjoy.
IMG_0757.JPG

urumomo

y9biijT.jpg

the Baron

Ich bin ja, Herr, in Deiner Macht
Beautiful builds, Jim! Your markings look great, it's worth your effort to paint them. Nicely weathered, too, not overdone. Personally, I prefer subtle to IPMS-contest style.
YbiC
Brad

Jim62

Beautiful builds, Jim! Your markings look great, it's worth your effort to paint them. Nicely weathered, too, not overdone. Personally, I prefer subtle to IPMS-contest style.
YbiC
Brad
Thank you. When it comes to aircraft, unless it's a diorama, I prefer the less is more look on my builds. Others can knock that heavy weathering out of the park and it looks great but I guess I'm just old school in my preference.

Latest posts