Mud Trap

tiking

I have been experimenting with different types of methods lately. This time is with mud. Yep! Good old natural mud. I used mud collected from a neighboring farmer's dirt road. Really fine dirt, I must add. All I did in this diorama, was add PVA glue, and a little water, and Voila! The muddy puddles you see were done using a mixture of Liquitex gloss medium & varnish, and their Transparent Raw Sienna ink for the muddy look. I also tried a little mixture of MIG wet effects and Liquitex Raw Sienna. I think the end result looks pretty convincing. I am still fine tuning the surrounding areas by doing some dry-brushing on the mud, to bring out the different texture. But so far, it appeals to me. The model itself is from AMT 350 Pay hauler. I had this kit for a while and did not know what to do with it. The big bucket was cut down to fit. So there is no chassi just the big bucket and front end of the pay hauler. I did much on the interior with some additions and some minor scratch built parts. This scenes inspiration was taken from many photos of collapse mines or sink holes that dumpers and machines alike, have fallen victims. As always, I like to always do some different and try to go one-step further.

Exterior Shots:

mud_trap_dumper13-vi.jpg

mud_trap_dumper-vi.jpg
mud_trap_dumper2-vi.jpg
mud_trap_dumper3-vi.jpg
mud_trap_dumper4-vi.jpg

mud_trap_dumper5-vi.jpg
mud_trap_dumper6-vi.jpg
mud_trap_dumper7-vi.jpg
mud_trap_dumper9-vi.jpg

mud_trap_dumper10-vi.jpg
mud_trap_dumper1-vi.jpg
mud_trap_dumper12-vi.jpg
mud_trap_dumper12a-vi.jpg

----------------------------------------

Interior Shots:

indoor_mudtrap-vi.jpg
indoor_mudtrap2-vi.jpg
indoor_mudtrap3-vi.jpg
indoor_mudtrap4-vi.jpg
indoor_mudtrap4b-vi.jpg

indoor_mudtrap4c-vi.jpg
indoor_mudtrap5-vi.jpg

Looks pretty convincing to me, nicely done!
White glue is a big help in making mud. Dishwashing liquid works, too. I mix a couple drops of water, some ground pastel chalk, and a drop or two of dishwashing liquid, to make mud. The soap holds it together pretty well.

I have been experimenting with different types of methods lately. This time is with mud. Yep! Good old natural mud. I used mud collected from a neighboring farmer's dirt road. Really fine dirt, I must add. All I did in this diorama, was add PVA glue, and a little water, and Voila! The muddy puddles you see were done using a mixture of Liquitex gloss medium & varnish, and their Transparent Raw Sienna ink for the muddy look. I also tried a little mixture of MIG wet effects and Liquitex Raw Sienna. I think the end result looks pretty convincing. I am still fine tuning the surrounding areas by doing some dry-brushing on the mud, to bring out the different texture. But so far, it appeals to me. The model itself is from AMT 350 Pay hauler. I had this kit for a while and did not know what to do with it. The big bucket was cut down to fit. So there is no chassi just the big bucket and front end of the pay hauler. I did much on the interior with some additions and some minor scratch built parts. This scenes inspiration was taken from many photos of collapse mines or sink holes that dumpers and machines alike, have fallen victims. As always, I like to always do some different and try to go one-step further.

Exterior Shots:

View attachment 92762

View attachment 92763
View attachment 92764
View attachment 92765
View attachment 92766

View attachment 92767
View attachment 92768
View attachment 92769
View attachment 92770

View attachment 92771
View attachment 92772
View attachment 92773
View attachment 92774

----------------------------------------

Interior Shots:

View attachment 92775
View attachment 92776
View attachment 92777
View attachment 92778
View attachment 92779

View attachment 92780
View attachment 92781
That is some seriously wicked work. Definitely show worthy.
Irishvic

Looks pretty convincing to me, nicely done!
White glue is a big help in making mud. Dishwashing liquid works, too. I mix a couple drops of water, some ground pastel chalk, and a drop or two of dishwashing liquid, to make mud. The soap holds it together pretty well.

Pretty much so. :)

Latest posts

Back