MrNatural's AMT cut-away scruffy nerf herder mobile

MrNatural said:
anyone else feel like they have just lost their mojo for this build. I am in a total rut with this thing..

maybe I need to watch Star Wars again.

The holidays kept me down, but I spent an hour with my falcon tonight, getting back to it!

Mr N, nice work on your build. Details looking fantastic!

Grendels said:
MrNatural said:
anyone else feel like they have just lost their mojo for this build. I am in a total rut with this thing..

maybe I need to watch Star Wars again.

The holidays kept me down, but I spent an hour with my falcon tonight, getting back to it!

At least you you guys have started your build. I have not started. I just do not know where to begin. I was thinking of just building the MF out of the box. But I would like to add lighting but I have never done any previously. I have been following the threads seeing all the work in progress which gets me excited but need that kick start to get me going. This would be my second sci-fi build. Should I start an easier project? I have a FM 1/48 scale snow speeder and AMT Star Trek SE Enterprise with lights and sound effects.

My advice is to just pick someplace and start. I started last night by cleaning the flash off of the upper and lower hull and then planing out what I would like to do with the inserts in the hull.

The kit is complicated enough for building out of box to be fun. And if that is all you do, then go for it!

I put mine off due to a lack of free time over the holidays. And I have one part that will require I sit for three to five hours without an interruption. I will get to that next week, and really start moving on her.

I agree with 'G'!
I'done almost no model building for so long and my build is teaching me many 1st's...
Almost every aspect of scale modelling is new to me as I've never tried most, just OOTB and clean painting so, I would say... Take a look at what's going down and jump in with both feet, make a plan, and stick to it... I keep going off plan but drag myself back on and I think I'm making progress???? :-\ :-\ :-\ Lol....

Thank you guys for the all the inspirational comments. I think that's what I needed. ;D

Something came over me last night. I actually sat down and worked on the falcon. Im trying to make something of the quad-laser. I really wanted to get the resin upgrade from trilliance and I should have jumped at the chance because they are all gone now :( I ended up ruining the attachment piece, so im trying to fudge something with brass and styrene. bit more sanding and refining to do.
004-38.jpg
003-42.jpg

drilled out the ends of the barrels hard to see in the pic
005-34.jpg

Not a huge update but It feels good to be back

Cool. So this will be my last update on this build for a while, decided to pack it away so I can start gearing up for the spring contest coming up, hopefully this section will still be open for posting in.

Started work on the sidewalls, just gonna rebuild them all, I have been apprehensive as to how to go about doing this for a while and honestly it has kept me from working on this thing :p So i decided to stop thinking so hard and just build.

The first thing I did was measure and cut out all the new side wall bases with some evergreen styrene stuff
I made the mandible height 1.4 cm and the saucer height 1.6 then started tacking everything up with masking tape to check the fit. I knew at the start of this build that if I wanted to maintain the cut-away aspect of the model I would have to do some modifying to the interior parts, and well, after mocking everything up and seeing just how much work it will be, I decided to ditch the interior ;D
21211.jpg
21213.jpg

this is my solution for replacing the bad clear parts they give you for the rear.
21212.jpg
001-47.jpg

Getting everything else in place..I see lots of Aves and sanding in my future...
002-46.jpg
003-43.jpg

all for now. thanks for looking

MrNatural said:
Started work on the sidewalls, just gonna rebuild them all, I have been apprehensive as to how to go about doing this for a while and honestly it has kept me from working on this thing :p So i decided to stop thinking so hard and just build.

That is what I did with mine, just quite worrying about it and started building. I think that works best.

Looks like you are off to the right start on those sidewalls.

Latest posts

Back