MrNatural's AMT cut-away scruffy nerf herder mobile

Quaralane-thanks buddy, you're always there with encouraging words!

Grandels-Thank you good sir. I did give the nail-in-a-board method a whirl but I just seem to have better luck with the pliers maybe i'll try it again on the next go 'round.

Tanker52-thanks man, i'll look forward to watching your build, its a beast of a kit, but a good canvas for whatever you want to do

Scott-thanks dude!!

Okie dokie so I got the two round detail parts and the plumbing done on the right underside of the ship. This side seemed a bit trickier.
002-37.jpg

Did a little photo etch work in this one with some spare mesh stuff from a 1/72 tank. I particularly like looking at this section
003-31.jpg

overall view of everything i've conquered thus far
004-26.jpg

Next up is the landing gear re-build eeesh....

later on yall

Looks good from here! Adds alot of interest in those areas and the plumbing is a great improvment!

alright, got a little bit done this week, been reworking the landing gears. they still need some clean up.

I need to find a better way to cut my brass rods. is there a brass cutter that cuts rods this small? I've just been using a #24 x-acto

check it..
008-20.jpg
007-20.jpg

keep it rockin!

MrNatural said:
I need to find a better way to cut my brass rods. is there a brass cutter that cuts rods this small?

Yes,

you would want a miniature pipe/tubing cutter like what might be found at micromark or something similar.

20132_L.jpg

Nice work.

Falcon time. ok. just inching along over here.

Been trying to make something of the landing gear bays and bay doors. they really dont look like anything just an empty box so i created some inserts the blue stuff is aves
003-33.jpg

These are the bay doors, just glued a bunch of shapes on em try'd to make it interesting
004-28.jpg

Here are the landing gear bays installed
005-28.jpg
006-26.jpg

with the landing gear
007-21.jpg
008-21.jpg
009-15.jpg

glad this is done and I can finally move on :)

catch ya later

Looking really good, now thinking of adding landing gears to my project(s)

J

anyone else feel like they have just lost their mojo for this build. I am in a total rut with this thing..

maybe I need to watch Star Wars again.

MrNatural said:
anyone else feel like they have just lost their mojo for this build. I am in a total rut with this thing..

maybe I need to watch Star Wars again.

Do it! I needed some inspiration, sat down with my SWBR and watched ANH, when it was done I went to the man cave and I felt like there was now stopping me!

Good luck MrNatural! :)

Latest posts

Back