MrNatural's AMT cut-away scruffy nerf herder mobile

MrNatural

my head is falling off my head
...and we're off..

finally got some time last night to dig into the falcon. all a bit over whelming at first :p My goal with this project is just gonna be heavy modifying to make it look somewhat accurate and totally awesome. Im not going to worry about lighting it. Its just not in my budget right now. my biggest challenge is going to be re-building the side walls from scratch. I have a bunch of 1/72 tanks and a couple 1/24 autos I got just to pilfer the parts. I plan on installing the the PE grille set as well.
001-34.jpg

Starting with first three steps, im sure i'll be bouncing around as things get going.
003-29.jpg
010-9.jpg

I want to modify all these parts with some styrene and brass rod unfortunately I dont have any of the right size so Im currently waiting on some stuff in the mail ::)
012-11.jpg

here are some of the landing gear parts. I'm going to rebuild most of this as well just seems really flimsy.
013-4.jpg

So I basically spent the evening just cleaning up the bottom half of the ship there is a ton of this stuff...
009-13.jpg

and this stuff...
008-18.jpg

and this thing...
006-24.jpg

then I notched out all the outer panels
014-4.jpg

thats it for now I can't really do a whole lot till my packages get in...

catch yall later

Looking great. Good call on nothcing those out.

You could even take it one step farther and thin that edge and then dent, bent and tear the edge..like the studio model.

Notice the edge:
109_0903.JPG

thanks Scott. good call on the damaged panels. i did not think of thinning them out first. :D

yeah, I just think it'll work better for the scale. A round sanding thing in a dremel...zip zip and you're done.

Off to a good start.
Looks like a lot of work still lies ahead for you, though

Nice! Where did you get the photo etch grill? I have been looking for one of those....

The AMT moulds are starting to show their Age... hey? I don't even remember HOW BIG those Rungs (Sprue chanels) were my GOD !!!

What Scott said about Thinning the Edges around the Ship is pretty much the BEST suggestion I heard for this Kit... I will do that... when I get back to mine... should help to give the look this model deserves...

Thanks Scott ! I have to add this to my To Do list !! LOL

Just a small update, but I finally got my feet wet with this thing. I had to wait for some packages then I had to wait for the inspiration to start working :p I knew once I started ripping plastic up I'd get my mojo back.

All i've done so far is modify the two lower detail parts from step 1. This is my first time doing a lot of plumbing. Very frustrating but rewarding, took me quite a while. Im glad I started with the underside of the ship to get the practice in. Also added some tank parts and styrene bits.

Here are the original parts
005-27.jpg

After my mods
009-14.jpg

Thats it for now. Off to my Earth job...

Solander, schweinhund227, Scott, Grendels, Quaralane-thank you guys so much!

slowly working my way through step 1, just been doing a lot of plumbing and greebly work. slowly getting better at the plumbing its not gorgeous or anything and I need to get some flat pliers with no teeth. but I like the way its looking so far

installed the two lower rectangular thingys, not exactly sure what to call these..
001-36.jpg

starting on the round thingys, lots a piping to cut out...
002-36.jpg

got the first two on the right side done, like I said not gorgeous but...more better-er...
003-30.jpg

till next time, keep on modelin

Looks great!! It makes me want to get to work on mine.

One thing, have you thought of making a jig out of a piece of wood and a few nails to bend you brass with? Then you wouldn't need the pliers.

MrNatural, you are off to a great start and the details are awesome. I have the same kit and looking forward to starting mine soon.

Latest posts

Back