MR. DISSOLVED PUTTY VS. MR. SURFACER 500

panzerace007

HEY Guys & Gals ,

I whipped up this video on th fly & It's My 1st. shot at this type of video .... IT's a look at the differences in Mr. Dissolved Putty & Mr. Surfacer 500 as using it to fill seams & Ejector Pin Marks. There was a discussion over in th Armor forum so I thought I'd bring it here too !!

Mr Dissolved Putty vs Mr Surfacer 500

Mr Dissolved Putty vs Mr Surfacer 500 pt II
This one was cut off a lil' early .. I believe I was gettin Buzzed by the RAF, They were Jammin My radio transmission ! ;D

Enjoy .... MOre Videos coming from the Files of the Panzer Shoppe soon !

GRENDELS,

You'll really Dig it !! I think it's th Best stuff on th Planet ! I wouldn't be caught Dead with out it on th Bench !!

NORM,

Thanx Bro !! Any time !

It is on order and will be here on Monday or Tuesday. I will come back and post an update then. Right now I am making a video comparing and contrasting four different seam filling techniques. When Mr. Dissolved putty comes in, I will add it to the mix.

Your review gave me the incentive to go out and purchase it. I will give you credit in the video.

Eastrock said:
Vallejo had also Liquid putty.

Yes Chas! We know! But this tread is about the qualities and differences between Mr. Surfacer and Mr. dissolver!

Watch the two movies Erik made .... Interesting stuff!

Eastrock said:
Vallejo had also Liquid putty.

EASTROCK,

I've done some reading up on th Vallejo Putty. I've read all th "build" reviews I've been able to get My hands on. They all have one common thread. Vallejo's has a hard time sticking to Plastic. They say that it's great as a general filler, but if you need to sand it it comes off of th Model a lot more than it sticks. Trust Me . I was ready to buy some & give it a whirl, but when the Reviews all started to mention th same Complaints I forgot about it & ran back to Mr. Dissolved ,gave Him a Big Hug & asked for Forgiveness !

My Apologies I'm pertaining to "huntr" post forgot to quote it :)

Norms I agree its very informative, even though I haven't use Mr. Surfacer or Mr. Dissolved putty.

Thanks Erik for the save, I was also about to buy one at the arts shop but I'll buy Mr. Dissolved putty instead, great stuff for planes.

Latest posts

Back