MPC Millennium Falcon Modification

Jaitea

....OK......after a break,....while I had the airbrush out,....I resprayed some of those areas that annoyed me the last time,......much happier now,.....link to my old group build thread here:

http://www.scalemodeladdict.com/SMF/index.php/topic,4312.msg178365.html#msg178365

I honestly think this was the reason I moved on to other projects,....paint......but I will see this baby finished

IMG_1955.jpg
IMG_1956.jpg
IMG_1957.jpg
IMG_1958.jpg
IMG_1960.jpg
IMG_1961.jpg
IMG_1962.jpg

Thanks for looking
John

nicholassagan said:
Just keeps getting better and better....

Thanks Nick,....I honestly find the airbrush more friendly now,....don't know what happened,....maybe I'm just getting used to it now,....I'm not dreading the AT-ST build as much now

Scott Girvan said:
Man,thats so cool. Sooo cool.

Thanks Scott,...still a good bit to do,....but I'm interested in it again

Grendels said:
Now that looks good!

Thanks very much G,.....gonna remake the canopy,....thats V3

Thanks for the support

John

That weathering is looking sweet. What technique are you using to apply the panel streaks?

Dude this is absolutely gorgeous! I'm sorry I some how missed this! I really don't know why you put off the paint part of the build your extremely talented at it.

jake said:
Very dirty and sooty John! What I mean is, perfect! :D

Thanks Jake,....I hope not too sooty?

It's kind of conflicting,....I've got heaps of reference photos of the 5 footer,....in some of them she looks almost white,...in others you can appreciate the weathering

I know its easy to over weather this bird,.....really impressed by the painting on your Falcon,....& of course Mr Simmons FM paintjob(s)

Hagoth said:
That weathering is looking sweet. What technique are you using to apply the panel streaks?

Thanks Hagoth,.....I used watercolour pencils for the base streaks,....for planning them out,....using a piece of styrene card for a straight edge, draw out the line,....then I blurred it a bit with a dry sponge

After that I darkened the marks by wetting the lines a bit & used the sponge to streak it,....its just mucking about really

JohnSimmons said:
Dude this is absolutely gorgeous! I'm sorry I some how missed this! I really don't know why you put off the paint part of the build your extremely talented at it.

Thanks John,.....a lot has happened paint-wise since I painted this ship last year,....I feel a lot more happy with this Badger airbrush,.....it really is a fantastic device,.....i've stripped it down a couple of times & I have an understanding how it works & I'm getting better results with it

PLUS,......I'm thinking more about masking & layers more now,....being patient etc

I use latex for the chipping,....just the clear/white stuff,....I mix in a bit of paint with it now,...so that I can see the shape of what I'm masking,....that makes a BIG difference

Thanks for looking

I'm considering painting my FM MF

John

Jaitea said:
Thanks Hagoth,.....I used watercolour pencils for the base streaks,....for planning them out,....using a piece of styrene card for a straight edge, draw out the line,....then I blurred it a bit with a dry sponge

After that I darkened the marks by wetting the lines a bit & used the sponge to streak it,....its just mucking about really

Thanks for looking

I'm considering painting my FM MF

John

Thank you for the weathering tip. For just mucking about you got some pretty impressive results. :D

With talent like this "I'm considering painting my FM MF" needs to be "I'm considering painting my FM MF." ;D

Just to let you guys know that this kit will never be finished by me,.....the same member from RPF who bought my Ralph McQuarrie Falcon also bought this

Very sad to see it go,....but I've got other projects to get on with

Thank you all for your support & help during this build,.....I really couldn't have done it without you guys

John

Latest posts

Back