Monograms Old Voyager

Well I figured now would be a good time to show whats going on with my next project. It's the old Monogram USS Voyager from...........Voyager........ :p

2013-08-29031953_zps68f0f84b.jpg

This particular one is blessed with giant square windows on the main saucer section so my first task was to cut all of them out. After that I used some teeny tiny strips of styrene and made some windows...........lots..........and lots.............of windows.......

2013-09-14030743_zps3c16d187.jpg

2013-09-18042543_zpsbfcb0665.jpg

Some of the strips I trimmed down and sanded after the glue cured to try and get them even with the hull. As you can tell I am also using the Paragrafix photo etch. I am also going to use a light kit for this build. It is made by a group called Trekmodeler. Here is a link to their goody page, they also make an excellent paint guide for the Refit/ Ent A

http://www.trekmodeler.com/services/tm_electronics1/tm_electronics_catpage1.htm

Here is a picture of the kit lit up. It comes with a CD-ROM of instructions (in a PDF file). Oh yeah also got the DLM lighting parts.

2013-09-22043948_zpsd6e6301b.jpg

Well I better go finish these last 40 windows!!! I shot some video of how I did the windows too so I will put that up. Take care all!!!

Also, here is my "helper"
2013-09-11041226_zps05030e3e.jpg

Old ?

It's only 18 years old. It's not "that" old, is it ?

Hope you're building the limited edition or the Revell Reedition of the Voyager, the incorrect parts (clear vs opaque) were corrected and a (bad) shuttle added.

amateurmodeler said:
Quaralane said:
Oh, wow. The memories this one brings back

I hope positive ones Q?
Had a lot of work to light her way back then. Built her about 15 years ago.
74656C.jpg

And, Youli?
Based of the first couple of pics, he's working from the original issue. He's had to build the window frames in the too-large windows

Lighting kit looks great. Would sure like to see these lighting kits a little more affordable. $130 to $150 is a little much for a lot of people.

amateurmodeler said:
Yep Q nailed it. No bad shuttle with this one.

But a bad Deflector dish (clear part) unfortunately... And a limited decal sheet too. :D

YOULI said:
amateurmodeler said:
Yep Q nailed it. No bad shuttle with this one.

But a bad Deflector dish (clear part) unfortunately... And a limited decal sheet too. :D

Fortunately I was able to get the DLM parts so the deflector will light up now. And I also picked up those JT Graphics decals....they are nice.

Looking really cool so far. I just got mine done and posted the last video... Voyager was my first kit like this and i feel like it took alot out of me to get it how i wanted... looking forward to seeing where u take it

Latest posts

Back