Monogram Sprint Car - All Open

hooterville75

It probably stands no chance against all the fine model builders on this forum but since I completed this kit a couple of months ago and is my favorite of the few models I have completed not to mention its only a $5 entry fee which is used as a fundraiser for SMA why not give it a whirl and see where it ends up :). Im entering this model into the All Open division. My entry is a Monogram Sprint Car originally for the Stoops 1B that Steve Butler ran but I changed it and did my own paint job with the addition of some Slixx decals customizing it to Joe Gaerte of Gaerte Engines when he ran the 8G on the World of Outlaws Circuit. Hope you all like the build and am looking forward to seeing all the other entrys in this division. Best of luck to everyone and Happy Building.

101_0009.jpg

101_0007.jpg

Looks excellent Hooterville,Im sure those decals were fun !!

Chris.

That's a nice looking sprint car hooter, awesome job.

Not gonna join in the fun tho with a new build ?..You got 3 months, I'm sure there's something in your stash saying " build me please" ;D

Remember it's not about the destination but the journey..

Thanks everyone for the kind words. Yes Ive already paid for a entry fee for the regular divisions just determining what Im going to build lol. Not quite sure yet but Ill have it figured out before the end of this week and have it started.

Nice build man, nice.

I gotta say though. Your photos are a bit blurry. As good as this looks, with nice sharp photos it would be even that much better.

I will soon be making a series of videos on photography, photoshop and photobucket. Might be a few tips in there.

But with that said, nice car man. Looks cool.

Thanks. Perhaps the blurry photos explain why my videos on you tube are garbage and are so blurry with the green line in the middle of the screen. I use the same device to record the videos and take the photos. Do you think a iphone would take better photos then the Kodak Mini I use ? I would love to buy another recorder to do videos for you tube but don't want to spend the money on one because I have tons of other model supplies, kits, PAINT etc I would rather buy first :(. I do have another digital camera as well but it was always such a pain to transfer the photos because I haven't used it forever and a day that I probably have no clue where the cord is to transfer them to the computer ha ha. I could however, have a friend of mine take additional photos this coming weekend as Ill be attending the PA STate Wrestling Championships where my friend (a professional photographer) will be taking photos. I believe the camera he left me use of his last year was a Nikon D4 ? IT was a big bruiser with the lens costing about as much as the camera. I could get that camera again and take photos to post. Ill see what I can do to get some new pics of the model. THanks for the heads up Scott. Much appreciated. Oh yea Im still looking very forward to the engine detailing How to series coming up :D

Latest posts

Back