Monogram 1/24 "Boot Hill Express"

Frank Steffens

This one was a Christmas gift from the bride, the base was a reject that I bought at Michael's Craft Store for a buck, I replaced the injector stacks with aluminum tubing, and the rocks in front of the grave marker are genuine, ultra rare Ronkonkoma, NY pebbles ;D

P5060074.jpg

P5060078.jpg

elend

Cool. What a weird device that is. Never seen anything like that before.

Frank Steffens

Thanks elend....this kit is from an old series of show cars kits. There was/is still an actual show car like this...its based on an old horse drawn hearse.

Frank Steffens

@ elend-They're copper urns....you see them a lot at cemeteries.....I wouldn't have known what they are, but there was a headstone/monument business on the block I grew up on in NYC.

@jetjock: The skeleton does come with the kit....there's also one in Monogram's " 'Lil Coffin" kit.

airrex

So Frank, I guess you are a fan of the "Tom Daniels" kits? They are being re-released again. I have Rommels Rod on pre-order.

Atomicdog

STAY IN THE RACE!
That is an awesome build! I think I remember this model back in the 80's. Isn't their a model kit of a hot rod with a german ww2 helmet as top cover? Anyways, very nice! ;)

Mit

This one was a Christmas gift from the bride, the base was a reject that I bought at Michael's Craft Store for a buck, I replaced the injector stacks with aluminum tubing, and the rocks in front of the grave marker are genuine, ultra rare Ronkonkoma, NY pebbles ;D

P5060074.jpg

P5060078.jpg
I have this one sitting on the bench. I was planning to pop it open and start it today. (Was) I wish I could see your photos. Probably my device.

JonW

That's a blast from the past. I remember that model. I hope the pictures can be salvaged. I'd like to see them.

urumomo

This THREAD is a blast from the past :D
May 2009
A lot of these old threads have broken links to photos . Most likely the OP no longer uses Photobucket as a host .

Larry B

What happened to the photos?! I have several of the old Tom Daniels designed car kits from back in the day. The Boot Hill Express is a classic & I would love to see the photos of the the finished product.

trekriffic

I built quite a few these Tom Daniels cars back in the day too. Wish I still had them. My favorite was “The Dragon Wagon“ with its dragon in the cage.

Larry B

Trekriffic,
I have been collecting those old kits, just like you when I was a kid I built a bunch of them. Currently I have the Circus Wagon which is a re-release of the old Dragon Wagon, the Tijuana Taxi, Tarantula & The Bathtub Buggy. If I remember correctly the Bathtub Buggy was not a Tom Daniels design?
I am hoping to build them soon and hopefully do a much better job than I did back in the early 70's!

Latest posts