Moisture Trap Question

Jdog71

Ni!
I just installed one of these:

filter.jpg

in the middle of my setup. Its very basic: compressor>1/4" line>moisture trap/regulator>1/4" line>airbrush.

I have a noisy compressor, and its draining much more rapidly with the trap installed. I checked for leaks, couldn't find any. My question is, do traps like this automatically use some air to filter out water, or should I experience no changes in air consumption?

The clear plastic trap capsule doesn't take much air at all to pressure up. These guys like to leak at the drain valve (the metal pin that you push in to drain the crud) and also at the seal underneath the pressure regulator knob. Try double-checking these seals.

Splashcoat said:
The clear plastic trap capsule doesn't take much air at all to pressure up. These guys like to leak at the drain valve (the metal pin that you push in to drain the crud) and also at the seal underneath the pressure regulator knob. Try double-checking these seals.

Thanks for the help. It was the seal under the pressure gauge of all things. I added some tape and screwed it back on...good to go.

Latest posts

Back