Moebius 1/32 TOS Cylon Raider

DRHarris61

Guess this falls in the 'Everything Else' category. I started this build in October 2014, months before I joined this forum. When I did join, I was essentially doing the finish work so it wasn't a WIP either. Anyway, here are a few photos.

Actually, we don't separate the WIPs and finished builds here. Tends to make it easier to follow a build to completion that way.
Excellent work on this BIG Raider

Quaralane said:
Actually, we don't separate the WIPs and finished builds here. Tends to make it easier to follow a build to completion that way.
Excellent work on this BIG Raider
Noted. Didn't have a WIP thread on it, so wasn't sure. And yes, it's huge, reputed studio scale at 1/32. 17" wingtip to wingtip.
Hagoth said:
Beautiful looking raider there. Internal power supply?
Yes, it's internal. A 12v rechargeable power pack inside. There is a squarish detail panel on the bottom that can be left unglued and the friction of the connector tabs holds it in place. This conceals the holes made in the kit bottom for the charging port and the on/off switch.

Thanks DJSLY74. This was my first big kit paint job with the airbrush. Had some hiccups along the way, but I suppose that's normal during the learning process. It helped to upgrade from the Master Brand AB to a Badger Patriot. It sprays so much smoother.

I think lighting this kit is what makes it worth building, at least for me. Gives it a WOW! factor it wouldn't have otherwise.

Gorgeous build there.

Love to know the details on the power supply you've used. I'm thinking of a similar method to power an Enterprise build, but not entirely sure how to do it.

Mikey_W_1980 said:
Gorgeous build there.

Love to know the details on the power supply you've used. I'm thinking of a similar method to power an Enterprise build, but not entirely sure how to do it.

The battery I used is fairly large. It's almost 4" long x 2" wide x 0.75" thick. It's good for a model with a large open area inside like the Raider or a Fine Molds 1/72 Millennium Falcon. But I don't know that it would work inside an Enterprise kit. Assuming you are talking about one of the 1/350 scale kits. I have all three but wasn't considering using a rechargeable pack on any of them. However, you can find them on ebay. The seller I used no longer has any, but others do. It's a lithium-ion DC 12V 4800mAh Rechargeable Pack. There are others with higher mAh ratings, too. Hope this helps.

DRHarris61 said:
Mikey_W_1980 said:
Gorgeous build there.

The battery I used is fairly large. It's almost 4" long x 2" wide x 0.75" thick. It's good for a model with a large open area inside like the Raider or a Fine Molds 1/72 Millennium Falcon. But I don't know that it would work inside an Enterprise kit. Assuming you are talking about one of the 1/350 scale kits. I have all three but wasn't considering using a rechargeable pack on any of them. However, you can find them on ebay. The seller I used no longer has any, but others do. It's a lithium-ion DC 12V 4800mAh Rechargeable Pack. There are others with higher mAh ratings, too. Hope this helps.

Morning!

It does thanks. I'm building the 1/500 scale JJ Abrams version from Into Darkness.

Latest posts

Back