Modeling the Movies Group Build

Elm City Hobbies said:
Carsenault said:
Havent been on SMA for a while, and my track record with group builds hasnt been the best... But really tempted to join in on the fun... A quick scan of my stash and I find one kit that would qualify (maybe a few more if I did a bit of digging), Hasegawa's Ferrari 312T '78 Monaco GP winner, as driven by Niki Lauda in the movie "Rush"

If there was a like button here, I would be smashing it!

Purchased from ECH I might add. Just had a look at the box contents... that is a sweet kit!

Carsenault said:
Elm City Hobbies said:
Carsenault said:
Havent been on SMA for a while, and my track record with group builds hasnt been the best... But really tempted to join in on the fun... A quick scan of my stash and I find one kit that would qualify (maybe a few more if I did a bit of digging), Hasegawa's Ferrari 312T '78 Monaco GP winner, as driven by Niki Lauda in the movie "Rush"

If there was a like button here, I would be smashing it!

Purchased from ECH I might add. Just had a look at the box contents... that is a sweet kit!

Yeah, I think that was the one I brought in, thinking I already had it in the stash, and then realizing it after I sold it to you that I didn't that mine is the '76 Brazil GP winner. Oh well!

I have a pair of tumblers on the way.

One for me, one for a friend of mine.
They are at the really beginning, is it og to enter them in the GB 8)?

Its been awhile since I've been in a group build here.

Bit of a challenge to find something that fits - Plenty of the Star Wars and Trek kits ... but I'll join the Aircraft theme as well.

Ju-52 from Where Eagles Dare
PT-17 Stearman (Russell Casse's) Independence Day 4

Dark Kyp said:
I have a pair of tumblers on the way.

One for me, one for a friend of mine.
They are at the really beginning, is it og to enter them in the GB 8)?
Definitely okay to bring them into the GB

Here is what I am building:

181PE02_Cosmostrator-Pegasus.jpg

Nothing but Alclad Chrome goodness!

And the announcement video:

http://youtu.be/6pmzKglj3bg

And just in case you want to watch the movie it is from, you can download it here:

https://archive.org/details/the_first_spaceship_on_venus

It's great to have open the GB to previously started kits... With the number of kits I have to finish, I'm sure I'll find something !

Jumping General Lee? That would be sonething. But this kit is soo big that putting it on the base would make it imposible too fut on the shelf.

John those are some great kuts you have there. I will be watching for those builds.

Awesome idea for a group build. I'll be getting in on this one for sure. Im thinking Blade Runner...yeah.... :)

Count me in, i need a new project to get stuck into.

Got to give it some thought as I've done general lee, herbie and delorean, maybe the mystery machine?

Leighbo said:
Count me in, i need a new project to get stuck into.

Got to give it some thought as I've done general lee, herbie and delorean, maybe the mystery machine?

That mystery machine is a pretty bad model. Just giving you a friendly warning!!! :p

It was easily one of the worst models I have built in the last five years.

Scott - I know it's do-able. But the size of it ;)

Mystery Machine?? Now I want to see that :)

After having a good dig in my stash
come up with 2 ideal models
ID4 captured alien ship or
1:6 scale battle droid on stap from star wars episode 1

Hi guys, here is my contribution to this build of. (Hey, I didn't make the rules :p)

Box_zpsd5516a19.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpbZwYAHQy8

Latest posts

Back