modeling injurys

ckriskross09c

Hi.
After resantly cutting my thumb on a stanly knife i thought it would be fun to start a topic uniting are accidents.
(no pics please!)

Kris

thank fully ive not noting major in a long time but i did manage to almost cut the top of one of my fingers cutting some styrene when the knide decided it wanted some of me

Re: modeling injuries

I've had some near-misses, where I've dropped a Nr. 11 X-Acto knife and narrowly missed my foot.

I still have a scar on the tip of my left middle finger, where I slipped and stabbed myself with a Nr. 2 X-Acto blade at 15. More recently, I've occasionally drilled into various fingertips, using a pin vice and drilling for pinning on 54mm figures or in detailing smaller aircraft models. I should start using thimbles...

I haven't cut or stabbed myself yet. I've only spilled paint and cement.

I have a long and rather vivid scar running through the whole first falange of my right thumb. Source- exacto knife. All the fun is that I don't even remember what I was cutting so hard. And all the blood covered with layers of paint... :)
plus lots of clothing ruined with paint and ca-glue and thinners and all that other stuff we here love so much)

When I was 17, I slipped with an X-acto knife and stuck the blade all the way to the bone on the tip of my middle finger on my left hand. It required four stitches:

20120109_7.jpg

The right side of the finger is still numb.

We must have been building the same kit and doing the same step, Grendels, that's about where mine is, too. 'Cept, my slice wasn't as deep ;D

the Baron said:
We must have been building the same kit and doing the same step, Grendels, that's about where mine is, too. 'Cept, my slice wasn't as deep ;D

I was scratch building a star fighter. I No longer have it, mom threw it away when I went to college. I will have to revisit that design soon..... It was 1/25th scale and about 3 ft long....

There was blood everywhere. I called out for help and Mom thought I was just calling her to the phone. She was giving me a hard time about interrupting her gardening, and then when she walked into the house....

You should have seen the look on her face when she saw the blood....

spud said:
oh for teh love of god ya big wuss! ;D

hey! It's bad enough that I have to stab my fingers twice a day for blood sugar testing (and that hurts....a lot! :'( ).
;D

Got cellulose thinner in my eye the other day.......run it under the cold tap and luckily everything was fine. ::)

Been lucky so far, just one incident worth mentioning is when a bottle of interior green Model Master acryl dinsintegrated in my hand when I was trying to open it... ended up with a few cuts to my left hand. looked nastier than it really was. Lesson learned, keep the treads on the bottle clean.

Carsenault said:
Been lucky so far, just one incident worth mentioning is when a bottle of interior green Model Master acryl dinsintegrated in my hand when I was trying to open it... ended up with a few cuts to my left hand. looked nastier than it really was. Lesson learned, keep the treads on the bottle clean.

That's a good point. I clean mine occasionally. Of course, the cleaning methods pose their own special dangers. One is to use the ol' Nr. 2 blade to scrape dried paint away. The other is to dip a rag in lacquer thinner and wipe the dried paint away. I just wish I had opened a window first........

Latest posts

Back