Modelers Chest - DIY

Biskup

Some time ago I came across this.
skrzynka00.jpg
Photo shows professionallylly build modelers cheallowinging to not only to transport yoequipmentent but also it provides a work station. Those chests are manufactured by Spanish company and the price is given only after e-mail enqiery.
Idea of that kind of chest is really interesting so I decided to make one by my self which will fill my needs.
For making it I used woodenn chest which after Dremel tool whichI savedd from here doom. It was previously used in workshop and it was stained with grease and dirt so cleaning will be needed.
skrzynka01.jpg
Interior also needed to be rebuild to optimize the usage of the space.
skrzynka02.jpg
After mesuring the interior and palaning out the compartments I bought 4mm thick sheet of plywood to make it. To use the spece inside in the best way I made two holders for Vallejo paints which will be mounted in side on hinges.
skrzynka03.jpg
Inside compartments were dismounted and in their place I mounted to shelf from the plywood. From balsa wood I made briers which were glued inside the lid. Next I cleaned everything and then sealed it with gloss varnish.
skrzynka04.jpg
To the compartments for Vallejo paints I added elastic band which will prevent paints from falling out during opening and then I mounted those compartments inside the case. Out of sheet of plexy glass I've cut out a piece that would fit inside the lid covering the compartments for tools and it will also be a work pad (not visible on the picture)
skrzynka05.jpg
On the back of the chest I used stencil to paint the logo and address of my blog. At the bottom you can see to pieces of polymer attached as legs so that after opening the lid the rest of the box will be perpendicularly.
skrzynka06.jpg
On the lid of the box there is burned out logo of Dremel company.
skrzynka07.jpg
Inside on the paint compartments I've painted logos of 2 forums. One very well know too all of you and the second one know too some of you. They also were made using stencils. You can see the piece of plexi glass on this photo.
skrzynka08.jpg
In this chest you can put 20 Vallejo paint in the opening compartments and at least 16 paints of other type. The number of the paints can be bigger it all depends on the size of the paints. On this photo you can see sample setting of the modeling tools and paints.
skrzynka09.jpg
After picking up the plexi glass you can see the tool compartment.
skrzynka10.jpg
Still some room left for advertisement ;)

Cheers
Lukasz
P.S. If I posted it in the wrong section I would be much obliged for moving it in to the more appropriate one

where did i see thiss ;D Again Fantastic Lukasz really neat idea

Really cool idea!!

this is defenatly taging you has an addict when you carry your models around!!!

Very cool to see that your giving SMA a plug anytime you go somewhere and end up working on your models. Awesome build dude :) Thumbs up all the way around.

Latest posts

Back