Mirror Models - 1/35 US Military Bulldozer

Thank you very much Neo, rookie, spud and jeves!! I appreciate the feedback! ;)

Rookie, Pretty much my friend! The engine is still loose, the bogies are friction fit (2 separate units) as well as the seat. The floor is actually attached to the frame. Trying to keep some sub-assemblies to make it a little easier to paint...hopefully! ::)

Hey Chris...sorry I missed you back on the 19th! Been running around like n idiot! :p Thank you! ;)

I am going to sneak in here with a quick little update on this one! I tossed a few parts around the bench here and there and the blade fell together easily.

eP_ctEMxPxMhKiXV3dFbKDU2vZNpQVYgjCqyk=w800-h618-no.jpg

9SUg7N-QtJ1l7Ge91G5dbiFUO669tsCHF-klf=w780-h634-no.jpg

Not too bad. One could add some welds along the edges where the parts would have been welded together...but other than that I still like the looks of the blade.

The winch fo th blade was a little more complex as there are just a bunch of tiny little pieces that make this up. The photo etch used in making the winch is a bit thicker than the other sheet supplied with the kit. It was best to anneal the metal before bending it to make the sheaves. I just popped the pieces under an open flame for a few seconds and it softened things right up.

n1bCkWEzYn0R6R9Ntlw69UtKfHZur3-k6Edj8=w670-h634-no.jpg

eF0WET2k2utky4SH_2jtzo_I_gDs1fg6O7piu=w732-h634-no.jpg

I still have a few more pieces of metal to go on this section and then the main bracket to the lifting unit can go together!

Back to the bench!! Thanks for stopping in!!

Hey Guys!! I really appreciate you guys taking the time to stop! My apologies for not getting back to this sooner..been a little crazy as of late!

John...it's a good thing the deadline was extended!! :p

I am still plugging away on this one! I managed to get the tracks mounted last night...

kPEyh4EzWgxeyTGnngv6dTaLEcuzazbksxn9n=w800-h573-no.jpg

The it was a matter of giving them the ole dry fit treatment...

TwBLfgGhG8kBiHYwIntlt0eV5S2MRgzRcgmob=w800-h591-no.jpg

RdauvjNvs3rLJaxcIAbCoAUzTWx9zFTSD3YE1=w800-h555-no.jpg

Yup, finished up the blade too! So basically all of the construction is done! Not all the pieces in this picture...but you get the idea! :)

rcut9rNLdvhom_vidJ-IeNL4Pv4NstYeQZe4-=w800-h538-no.jpg

It was time for some priming tonight.....

eK_JRI9j3vmTRHXh9aycopIFfWUm7bO8o6Nnd=w800-h619-no.jpg

So, there might be some hope after all in finishing this one! LOL!! Lets take that one day at a time, shall we? ;)

As always, thanks for hanging out for a bit!

Looking good mate. Can't wait to see how this turns out with some color! Are you planning on going to town with the weathering?

Chris

Thanks Chris! ;) Yeah, I m thinking some weathering might be in order on this one! ;D

LOL...I certainly hope so John! ;D Working out some weather issues right now...raining! :p I have to start making some adjustments if I am to paint today!! ;)

Looking good T! Nothing like the smell of Vallejo Primer in the morning. :)

CTspeedshop said:
Looking good T! Nothing like the smell of Vallejo Primer in the morning. :)

Thank you my friend!!! Well...maybe the occasion whiff of MEK...but don't tell anyone!!

Okay...looks like things have wound down in the contest. Technically not making it to the finish line a couple times now until it was finally change to tomorrow...where there is a will, there is always a way! I may not finish this by tomorrow midnight...but i will finish just the same! ::)

A little rust base

A4OVdXy8OBXK5C9_WviE2MbV7jeCw-T5n6Ry9=w756-h634-no.jpg

A little color to chip

71-HjIqIrSxWN9ILvyR868ABAaqd6_IoC9SQF=w800-h576-no.jpg

An finally some preliminary chipping

1MPxNlhZ8wqMWKXxRKfSGU9Gl4msK_cuSS0tH=w800-h450-no.jpg

MtOikJJwi2NFuP1deWZb358fpeXbVWX5pLzxi=w792-h634-no.jpg

There is only some weathering and assembly to go more or less. I suppose anything is possible!! :p Wish me luck!!

Thanks for dropping in! ;)

Latest posts

Back