Mirror Models - 1/35 US Military Bulldozer

Thanks fellas!! Appreciate you taking the time to swing by! Hoping to bang out a few more things on this one tonight! ;)

Great stuff mate! I have the Diamond T in the stash to do, but I've always been a bit intimidated everytime I open the box!!!!

Great job mate!

Chris

Thanks Chris!! I was looking at the Diamond T...will have to follow along with your build when you get to it! There looks to be a bunch of "stuff" in the box but should be manageable for you I'm sure!! One step at a time!! :)

The added details looks great,, a great improvement over the cast ones... Looks great!!

Saw this kit at my local hobby shop yesterday, along with (next to) the MiniArt version. Came SOO close to buying one.

TRM said:
Thanks Chris!! I was looking at the Diamond T...will have to follow along with your build when you get to it! There looks to be a bunch of "stuff" in the box but should be manageable for you I'm sure!! One step at a time!! :)

I got the kit last year at a show and I made the mistake of opening the box to have a look at the sprues. There's that much in the box I can now no longer get the lid back on!!!! lol There's obviously some jenga way of fitting everything back but I can't figure it out.

Chris

Sorry for not being around the past few days fellas. Been getting ready o hit the AMPS National show in Indiana. Still have to drive the 800+ miles but should be fun!! If anyone reading this is going to be attending, stop by the Vallejo Booth and say hello!! We will not be selling anything. We will be providing Step by step guides to using any of the products, giving folks a hands on approach to using the products as well as any troubleshooting that may be needed. Looks to be a fantastic show again this year...hope to see some of you there! ;D

AMPS_Vallejo_flyer1_683x1024.jpg

cargoman5126 said:
The added details looks great,, a great improvement over the cast ones... Looks great!!

Thanks for the encouragement! ;D

Chris and Scrach....the parts count and just looking in the box can be a bit intimidating...but the two biggest offenders raising he parts count is the engine and tracks. After that, it's a walk in the park! Well, other than the tiny parts with big fingers! :p I think it looks worse than it is also since Mirror used a small box and stuf all the parts in the way they did....just looks menacing!! ;D

Enjoy the show buddy!!! say hi to the guys also from the other side of the world... me lol

Cheers!!!

WOW T some great work from you buddy the kit looks stunning saw lots of these at a local show a few weeks back and was tempted to grab one :)

Dan B

I'm going to save my diamond T for a bit, but I have started Mirror models T 20 Russian tractor. Loving it so far. I found the plastic that Libor uses to create the kits a bit harder/brittle than your normal kit. But the kit fits together perfectly. I'll post you a few photos when I get a chance mate.

Chris

Hey fellas!! Thanks for all the kind words! Sorry I have been off for a bit. Seems the work load takes its toll sometimes...even in the modelling world! :p

I have been pecking away at the dozer. I managed to band around some more of the bogies and worked my way up to the cad area. Things are still loose in some areas, so if something looks a bit wobbly...it probably is! :)

20150510_215941%2B%2528800x614%2529.png

The floor to the cab comes in two forms in the kit. After close assessment of the parts, I chose to do a little of both. The instructions called for the two foot tabs on the plastic part, as well as the two foot stops, to be removed and attached to the photo etch part. In an effort to give a little more strength to the two front tabs, I just attached the photo etch to the plastic part and back cut the edges to keep the thinner appearance.

20150510_222003%2B%2528800x701%2529.png

I will say one of the more tedious parts to the build so far was the installation of all the handles and foot controls. You need to sort of thread the parts through all the openings to install the floor. Not too much fun there, but it did get done.

20150517_221404%2B%2528800x673%2529.jpg

20150517_221417%2B%2528800x654%2529.jpg

There she sits! I am on the trail to getting the blade and rig to the blade constructed soon! As always, thanks for taking the time to swing by!! ;)

Love it. These pics of bare plastic and PE remind me of some of Eduard's product pics!

Latest posts

Back