Mirage Vickers Armstrong 6 ton tank

Thanks for posting this. I've looked at these kits myself because of the unique subject matter. I guess it's true enough, you get what you pay for. I personally don't think you'll have to do too much work to make this a nice build. But then again these things often have a way of turning into more work than initially thought. Generally I wouldn't buy a Dragon, Cyber Hobby kit etc unless I got a good deal. Some of them seem pretty high priced. I have a few on the way that I did get a good deal on and I'll see then if they are worth it. In the meantime, I still like to pretend this is a cheap hobby. :eek: ;D :D

If you would need any help with translation or anything ells concerning that kit let me know. Don't know if you know but there is company called Part which makes PE parts and they are making sets for most of Mirage Hobby kits.
Regards
Lukasz

P.S. Pomalawac przed montazem means – paint before assembly

It's turning into a lot more work than expected. I'm still stuck on the turret.

I came across Part while looking for reference. Didn't look but I assumed they didn't have a photoetch set because it is a new kit. Trying to buy as little as possible as well.

I don't blame you AKE. You'll get more satisfaction scratchbuilding and knowing you don't have $100 into this build.

Have you come across any other problem areas besides the turret? In my opinion, even though it's a bit of work, I'd use cut up styrene rod for rivets....... unless you could pick up some Grandt Line rivets.

I am still looking for a part of the tank that is NOT a problem. Suspension stinks. Back of the hull needs to be totally reworked. Front of the hull is missing all the rivets because either they ripped it out of the mold or due to packing damage. Also sides of the hull need to be cut off and replaced.

Current plan is to use Archer decal rivets. If I didn't need so many and if they were not so prominent I'd use plastic rod.

I think I have only bigger ones but I will check when I get home.
There is a trick for very cheap rivets. Just by insect pins correct size with nail type heads. Unfortunately in Poland I can't find with that type of head. But those pins are small an cheap.
Cheers

I thought of using nail heads, but could not find any small enough. The Archer decals are an exact match for the ones already on the kit, so I'm good to go on rivets, thanks. I also just ordered a mini punch and die set so now I can make my own rivets or wheels for a teeny tiny car.

AKE said:
teeny tiny car.
Now that's an idea crew member playing with a small car ;)
I might have misted it so I will ask. What version or color scheme will you make on this tank?
Regards

I'd like to do the 4 tone hard edge early Polish or Chinese camo, but I think that it's a tad too complex for me. Maybe the 3 tone soft edge version.

If you decide on polish from the beginning of the war I have something that would work great on the base :)

Biskup said:
If you decide on polish from the beginning of the war I have something that would work great on the base :)

Ha! A bag a dirt from the front yard?

Latest posts

Back