Miniart GAZ AAA-Masters Productions 40mm Bofors-Alpine figs

S

ScaleModelMadman

This is a bit on the fictional side, the gun is a bit too big for the truck but I scratch built some outriggers to help keep it upright. There are pictures on the web of these trucks with the 25mm Bofors but no one makes a kit of that gun and I had the 40mil in the stash. Plus, the theme for AMPS Nationals was 'Flak and AK-AK' so I thought this would make a good entry for the theme.

For the most part it was well received at the show, a few people commented on the big gun but whatever, I had a blast doing it. ;D

Comments/questions/critiques are always welcome.

A.jpg
B.jpg
D.jpg
E.jpg
F.jpg
G.jpg
H.jpg
I.jpg
J.jpg

Re: Miniart GAZZ AAA-Masters Productions 40mm Bofors-Alpine figs

First of all Congrats on the Gong, Ken!!!

Nothing to say but your work is Fantastic :D

lol and i just asked if you could post some pics of this ;D

I love this Ken is Absolulty Fantastic, All the little details make this a great build.

got a Questiion tough, the broken glass did you do it teh same way with a New blade and spend god only know how much time scraping to get that shattered look?

and Lastly how was the Kit ?

Awesome Ken, even though it is fictional, it is completely plausible. Great job as usual!

Thanks ER, appreciate it my friend.

spud said:
got a Questiion tough, the broken glass did you do it teh same way with a New blade and spend god only know how much time scraping to get that shattered look?

and Lastly how was the Kit ?

Thanks Spud,

the windshield was done with a knife, the side window is done with a product called' icy sparkles' (found it at HLJ) in white glue. I will go into great depth in an MMI issue soon. ;)

The kit is very sharp but no 'easy' build. Lots of very small and fragile parts.

Thanks Scott, appreciate the comments.

Ken this is just another piece of art that came out from under your hand and it's a privilege to have a chance and see it.
Cheers
Lukasz

Awsome Stuff Ken looking forward to that issue

When they said the gun was out of line did you tell em to give old Rusty a smooch Ken? :-*

That work is some kind of an outstanding effort my friend. :eek:
Your figures are really WOW factory territory.

Tony lee

Awesome dude. Awesome. You're layers of WWash look great. And for a guy that "doesn't paint figures" - that's no longer a safe place to hide. Awesome.

Very nice, a piece of art. I like the snow it look very realistic.

I've seen a number of your builds and in my opinion, this is the best yet. The weathering is spot on, the figures are very sharp, great little composition, and the snow is quite believeable (what is the snow anyway?). The broken glass looks the business. Even the engine looks great with it's rusty damp appearance as well as the similar damp, oily, grimmy treatment of the gun. If your not proud of this one, you should be. ;) :)

Guys, I saw this one in person at the show. It totaly kicks A$$!

Wow you are a master too much information there are so many different details to look at truly amazing work :eek: :eek: :eek:

Thanks for all the comments and feedback guys, I appreciate it a lot.

Scott Girvan said:
And for a guy that "doesn't paint figures" - that's no longer a safe place to hide.

haha!

*ducks out of sight

All has been said !

I simply love this vignette. The composition is 100% effective... like a very well prepared cocktail...

A truly beauty, Ken :)
Congrats
RG

This is really sweet over all but what really catches my eye is the sheen on the barrel! :eek:

Thanks again guys.

Jelly, I like that word, cocktail. I had many of those over the last week at the AMPS convention. Many, many cocktails and very little sleep. ;D

Ken Abrams said:
Thanks again guys.

Jelly, I like that word, cocktail. I had many of those over the last week at the AMPS convention. Many, many cocktails and very little sleep. ;D

;D ;D Sir, may I ask you your favs ?? currently mines are the Tom Collins and the White Russian .

I bet that it was a funny AMPS Con ;D ;D ;)

Normally I like Grey Goose with a splash of Roses' lime juice, although this past week was more or less the hard stuff straight.

Someone brought Mig a bottle of Knob Creek whiskey and that was mixed with a little coke. I stuck with the Tequila my friend brought from Cali, straight of course. Slowly sipped, simmered on the tongue and then swallowed for the full taste.

There was lots of fun and very little sleep. ;D

Latest posts

Back