Millennium Falcon (Ralph McQuarrie Concept Version)

Jaitea

Oh no!!.... not another Millennium Falcon.....

Edited by Scott: Photos moved, added on page two.

My plan is to make modifications to this poor kit to make it similar in style to the late Ralph McQuarrie's concept art of the Millennium Falcon:
476855_385954341434267_789058981_o.jpg

falconmcquarrie-0000.jpg
images

That is about all the images I can find of this version, a CG artist called Taranis had started making a CG render of the craft:

falcon-rmq.jpg

falcon-rmq001.jpg

His blog:
http://taraniscgi.wordpress.com/2012/03/18/ralph-mcquarrie´s-star-war-millennium-falcon-concept-design-update/

I want to keep going with my MPC kit for another while, I'll slow down & hopefully give both kits equal time.

John

Ohh this should be interesting... I'm sure that you'll have alot of fun shaving the details off the kit! :)

Yes!! I've been thinking about doing this myself actually, but I'm glad a far superior builder like yourself J is taking on the task ;D can't wait to see what you do with it.

Oh' neat! I like the way the cockpit connects better then the real thing. Can't wait to see it come together.

Thanks guys, John S, you should go ahead and make one, because of the lack of reference material it would be interesting to see another's interpretation.......& I'm the novice here

I know I said I wasn't going to start this yet, but I couldn't help myself......LrdSatyr8 this plastic is pretty soft, it didnt take me too long to get to this......made a bit of a mess though

Edited by Scott: Photos moved, added on page two.

Looking at the reference photos I really think the hull curvature needs attention.

John

It looks like you are going to have to rebuild half of the ship to meet the concept photos. Will be watching this!

Have fun removing all of that detail.
Looks like McQuarrie's version was actually fairly clean

It will be nice to see how you alter the design, and educational to a beginner such as myself! :)

I just want to ask how is this kit?
What I mean is it accurate to the original?? And does it go well together or will there be a lot of sanding and filling?
Cheers

Latest posts

Back