Millennium Falcon Paper Model with Cockpit

I know that the problem is a frame
I thought it was easy and less sheets
The idea is simple stiffening
c6b7f5a1fe177f20.jpg
It's not in pdf - better fewer sheets.
More details - you can print a second set of sheets and stick on thick cardboard
and cut individual armor plates and attach them to the model -going even better!

I can see my error -bad position texture litle box in dock
0ddbe3d6ef2ddd42.jpg

I wanted to once like a design FALCON to make Y-WING and CORRELIAN CORVETTE
Lack of time .... maybe someday (other hobby takes time -RC planes) :)

look forward to the progress of work :)

Slawek & translator

PS - A3 cards version (another modeler from the world)
b09b426c07e80665.jpg

9cc1c09703bff2e5.jpg
not ideal but it's execution

Good Day.
I've been working on finishing the front end of the Millennium Falcon. Mostly with constructing the front lower hull section.

Lower%20Front%20Hull%201_zpsow0cttww.jpg

With the hull panel shaped, it was time to add all the pieces and greeblies that make up this section of the lower hull. This was a lot easier than the top piece as it has less detail.

Lower%20Front%20Hull%202_zpsjden0wdy.jpg

Lower%20Front%20Hull%203_zpsf6klne25.jpg

Next was to glue this section in place, again as with the top, attach the back first to the Docking Port Tunnels.
When dry then attach the front of this section down while aligning the lower equipment pod with the mandibles. Then tack down along the edge to the ring.
Now that the top and bottom front hull sections are installed, the cockpit tunnel can be attached to the hull.

Lower%20Front%20Hull%204_zpsov0dpne2.jpg

Lower%20Front%20Hull%205_zpskjqxed3d.jpg

With the cockpit in place, all the surface piping can be added to the hull. Both on the top and the bottom.

Lower%20Front%20Hull%206_zpsyt8deltx.jpg

Lower%20Front%20Hull%207_zpsh1msj7j2.jpg

She is now looking more and more like herself.

Lower%20Front%20Hull%208_zpsdue1gili.jpg

Lower%20Front%20Hull%209_zpslmunrgwa.jpg

Now to start on the top rear hull section.

Upper%20Rear%20Hull%201_zpss0ssmmxs.jpg

This is where I am at at the moment.
Thank you for following.
Questions and comments welcome.

Jim

Looks like a good day of progress with great looking results. And yes, she is looking more and more like herself.

Good evening all.
Time for an update on the Millennium Falcon.
It has been a couple of weeks since the last update, a few other things have taken my time as of late, but I'm back at it.
Been working on the rear upper and lower hull sections, in order to get this ship closed in.
Worked on the upper section fist. Got it cut out and shaped. Next was to construct the 2 detail inserts that go into the hull.

Upper%20Rear%20Hull%203_zpsq2rcimbh.jpg

After they were installed under the hull and dried it was time to install this section to the ring.
As with the others, it was glue the back of the section to the Docking Port tunnels first. Then edge glue the outside edge to the ring from the inside toward the centre.

Upper%20Rear%20Hull%204_zpsxbr8fvhx.jpg

Where the top turret connects to the hull, was not laying flat, needed some support. A circle of double layer card was cut out and glued in place to support that area. This also made it easier to glue the turret in place.

Then started the assembly of the piece with the heat exchangers and the top turret.

Upper%20Rear%20Hull%202_zpsnwxosvdr.jpg

Upper%20Rear%20Hull%205_zpsksguqtor.jpg

Upper%20Rear%20Hull%206_zpsxeus37wd.jpg

Upper%20Rear%20Hull%207_zpss00lsswn.jpg

Not all the greeblies have been added yet. It was time to attach this piece to the top rear hull. One problem was that it would not lay completely flat, so I had to add a dart to compensate for the extra card. Not a problem as most of it will be covered by greeblies as well as the control vanes, that are now installed.

Upper%20Rear%20Hull%208_zpsxqrljcc9.jpg

Now it was time to start the lower section of the rear hull.

Lower%20Rear%20Hull%201_zps47p7ykx8.jpg

Not as many parts to this one as compared to the others and was a fairly fast part to assemble. The completed section was then attached to the lower ring ass before, and no issues this time.

Lower%20Rear%20Hull%202_zpsvuy1jxf8.jpg

This is where I am at at this time.
Thank you for following.

Jim

Thanks Patrick.
I still find them a lot of fun. This one especially has been most enjoyable.

Jim

Good day all and Happy Valentines Day.

Finished all the surface greeblies this weekend, including cutting out and installing all those actuators for the control planes. I thought they were going to be more of pain, but ended up being fairly easy. It was more work building all the little details around the heat exchangers.

Greebles%201_zpsijkysgeb.jpg

Greebles%202_zpsrjw8ipjh.jpg

Greebles%203_zpsix3bg3al.jpg

Greebles%204_zpspiidjh6k.jpg

Greebles%205_zpszhrfg6sw.jpg

Greebles%206_zpspfae7xqk.jpg

Greebles%207_zps2xaqruz1.jpg

What's left now are the guns for the top and bottom and the sensor dish. Before I can assemble those, I need to support the ship off the bench, so they do not get damaged while working on them. Plus, I have need of a display stand.
Spent yesterday designing a display stand for the Falcon, then 3D printing it out.
It's a simple design, but it works.

Greebles%208_zpsipea3bwg.jpg

Greebles%209_zps8gcbpjd9.jpg

Greebles%2010_zpsga0aspss.jpg

Greebles%2011_zpsf1tnqxg4.jpg

Greebles%2012_zpsr95nw806.jpg

Greebles%2013_zpsmaxlpcio.jpg

Almost near the end of this build.
Thank you for following.

Jim

Thank you Hagoth.
I'm still learning mine , but they are a lot of fun.

Jim

Latest posts

Back