Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-15 Completed

Moon Puppy

Did this for the Red Star Rising Campaign at Modeler's Alliance.

Actually got drafted on this build but that's cool. I was a good test bed for the NMF technique I want to use on upcoming projects.

Not a bad little kit, went together with no issues, Tamyia of course.

Learned what I want to do on my future NMF aircraft. Think I will start with a darkened color and work up in lighter shades. Started off with Alclad Grey Microfiller and primer. cleaned up all the rough spots as much as I could. Then worked with AlcladII Duraluminum shaded with their Transparent Smoke color. I started with the Duraluminum then tinted it with the smoke color, adding more to get darker. Then came back with the base coat to hight light center parts of the panels.

The Migs Dark Wash worked great here. I have always had a problem with pin and panel washes. Seems when I go to clean them up, I clean them up too good and clean out what ran in the panel lines. With Migs Enamel Wash on the Alclad finish, I just let it dry and clean up the extra, it wipes right off.

mig325.jpg
mig326.jpg
mig327.jpg
mig328.jpg
mig329.jpg
mig330.jpg
mig331.jpg

Replaces one of the gun barrels and the pitot tube with brass tubing. Did the pitot tube because I KNOW I'll break the plastic on.

Only one thing left to do, a seal coat and secure the canopy.

I know I got some blemishes here and there. Not sure where they came from but I'll be wearing gloves next time. Critics, criticism and comments welcome, would love the feedback... ::)

Hope y'all like it. :cool:

:D
Fantastic, Moon Puppy !

Mig 15 / 17 / 19 are really my "favourite" planes, aesthetically, I mean... that cigar shape... pure 50´s look...

Currently I´m collecting info... to build Trumpeter´s 1:48 Mig 15 + Aires KK1 ejection seat + Eduard cockpit detail PE + decals (I cant remember well the maker) for the "USSR acrobatic team" version (top side glossy red + aluminium down side...)... I think I´ll get the Fagot from Luckymodel...

A very, VERY nice model, Moon Puppy... Congratulations...

And thanks for sharing!
Cheers,
RG

Thanks guys...I really like how this finish turned out. Think i'm ready for the NMF subjects I've been wanting to do for a long time. P51, P47 and some SAC subjects.

Jelly I had the choice between the Aires and the KMC, I opted for the KMC cause to me, it just looked better. the Aires looked like the kit part with some stuff added to it.

Mig302.jpg
Mig303.jpg

But your mileage may vary. 8)

;D

Awesome work buddy! Saw one fly in an Airshow back in 2002. Slick looking little thing
It was chased by a F-86.... Was a good day!

Take good care of it! It's a winner in my book!

Very nice indeed! What are you going to use for a seal cote? I'm getting ready to do my B-24 with Alclad and need to try out their Gloss Cote.... Just curious! :)

Salvo said:
Very nice indeed! What are you going to use for a seal cote? I'm getting ready to do my B-24 with Alclad and need to try out their Gloss Cote.... Just curious! :)

No need to seal Alclad but I usually seal it with Future.

Didn't seal the alclad, the washes and weathering does need it. Used acrylic clear gloss coat. Very light.

Thanks guys!

Latest posts

Back