Messerschmitt Me-109G 1:48

Tanker52

This is a Monogram 1:48 scale kit. I built this OOB over the weekend. Very simple kit and went together with no issues. The plane is painted using Vallejo paints. I made a several mask using masking tape to obtain the camo pattern. The mottled pattern was down free hand with an airbrush. I sealed the decals with future floor finish. Once this dries, I will add some weathering and then apply a flat finish.

Me109GBoxart.jpg
Me109G_primed.jpg
Me109G_3.jpg
Me109G_2.jpg
Me109G_1.jpg

Looks good :) ....very nice . are you going to wash the panel lines in ?

Chris

Yeah that's what I was thinking too Jim.
I have one languishing on the bench. It surfers from AMS
Me? I feel fine. Lol
Tanker, you torn that up! Over a weekend. That just
shows me what can be done.
Very sharp. More to come. I'll be here.

Thanks all for the comments. The Monogram kit number is 5225 for those interested in purchasing the kit. The kits panel lines are recessed and the detail overall is very good. The kit goes together quickly and I did not have any fit issues. When I post my final pics, I will also post the build instructions so you can get an idea of how the kit goes together rather quickly.

@ Chris S, I may do a light wash of the panel lines before my final flat finish. This may bring more depth overall to the structure of the plane.

i know this is really random but what do the black dots on most of the nazi aircraft represent?

They're not 'black', it's just the light. The Luftwaffe used a mottled spay camo on the side of most of their planes (not all).

Here is the work instructions. Less than 40 parts. As you can see goes together quickly.

100_5031.jpg

The mottle camo pattern was used to help hide the aircraft when they were are the ground to blend in with its surroundings, such as a forest.

Latest posts

Back