Messerschmitt Bf109E 1:144 (Revell)

lilliput.models

Messerschmitt-Bf109E-Revell-Microwings-1-144-1.JPG

[size=12pt]Hi everyone, today I would like to show you my German Me Bf 109 model - http://goo.gl/YOLG8r

To build this model I have used Revell's Me Bf109E scale model kit from Microwings series. The kit was fairly easy to build and the instructions were pretty straightforward. First I have started building the model by assembling the fuselage and the wings of the aircraft. After that I have used Tamiya's white putty to fill in the empty spaces in between the parts of the fuselage. Then I have primed the model with Mr. Color's black spray primer. I think the black prime complemented this model really well. To paint the model I have used Vallejo's Flat Yellow (#15), Reflective Green (#90), Deck Tan (#110), Dark Blue Grey (#157) and Black Green (#100).
[/size]

Messerschmitt-Bf109E-Revell-Microwings-1-144-Making.jpg

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/embed/uSNpXkMBHEA?list=PL4zl_1f3enpMYqYFQuJnuH9d6TX65E08Q[/youtube]​

The instructions on the kit regarding the painting were actually different but I have decided to go my own way which was not a bad idea in hindsight. I have used masking tapes to create unique Me109 camouflage with sharp lines on the wings. I have painted the wings with Deck Ten and Reflective Green. After the paints have dried I have removed the tapes as you can see from the photos. Even though the instructions did not include a yellow nose, I thought it would be more interesting to have it. After the nose, I have painted the rest of the fuselage with Dark Blue Grey again with some masking tapes. The painting process went rather smoothly so it provided a clean cut result.

After the body was finished I have painted the propeller with Black Green. Then I have proceeded with placing the decals on the model and applied decal fixer on their surface. For weathering I have used AK Interactive's grime products and applied on the model. One thing that I did not like very much was that the grime effect gathered too much on the decals. I'll try to find a way to avoid it next time. Overall I think I have obtained an average result. The painting was okay but I think certain details were lost during the process since this is a very small scale model.
Nevertheless it was definitely fun to build.

This model kit can be finished in just a couple of hours and it is ideal for beginners like myself. I hope you liked the results. If you have any tips, please share them in comments section below. Thank you for your support, and have a great day!

Messerschmitt-Bf109E-Revell-Microwings-1-144-9.JPG

Messerschmitt-Bf109E-Revell-Microwings-1-144-8.JPG

Latest posts

Back