merseajohn's Tamiya BSA M20 Motorcycle

Thanks fumblethumbs and myke. Hopefully the posty will turn up with a nice parcel for me tomorrow otherwise I won't be able to start on his 'ride' untill next week :'(

merseajohn said:
Thanks Spud, it's my first 1/35 figure so this area is a little new to me but I'm realy enjoying it. I keep looking at the 1/35 figure videos and some of the artwork is just mind blowing!

i hear ya, some of them guys that paint figures are amazing, a talant i wish i had a bit of

Figure looks great fella :)

I might have some reference pics for the bike if you need any ?

Chris.

Cheers Ken and Chris that would be realy helpfull actually thanks mate, I only have what's on the box and the photo's I've posted.

Thanks mate! The supplies turned up today ;D so this is what I got:
Resin & photo etch
IMG_1366.jpg
IMG_1367.jpg
IMG_1368.jpg
And my road, which is a bit to big so this will probably be halved (kepping most of the pavement).
47df52f9.jpg
So should be constructing tonight :D

that read is nice, were did you pic that up?. and brass looks neat. i was expecting to see more bits of shinys :)

Yeah looking forward to doing the road! :D not looking forward to cutting it though :-\

Here ya go :)

portrush047.jpg
portrush048.jpg
portrush050.jpg
portrush051.jpg
portrush052.jpg
portrush053.jpg

I know I have some more ...somewhere ,I'll try to find them for you ;)

Chris.

Hey guys, got most of the assembly done on the bike, and have added the PE spokes which with my fat fingeres wasnt easy lol. But there on if not perfect:
IMG_1396.jpg

Thanks for the comments guys, got some paint on today. Starting with a black pre shade (very ruff), then a layer of olive drab then a custom lighter colour (olive drab & dark yellow). Got the exhaust rusted up (black then hull red then nato brown) and banged/dinged and wheels tires and saddle all painted up. This is really very small and I've already snapped of a part ::) its something I'm not used to, but I think stepping out of your comfort zone isn't a bad thing lol. Sorry again for the pics they hardly show off the colour on the exhaust etc but I just need the sun to shine and I'll be able to get some decent snaps.
IMG_1406.jpg

MJ,

Woo-Hoo !! I did th P.E. bits ! Those spokes really make it PoP !! Dig it !!

Roll-On Brotha !! Great !

Yeah ,Thats looking good ! ,the spokes do make a good difference :) nice work .

Chris.

Ok guys got the bike done. I'm pretty happy with it. But my butterfingers slipped on both wheels and some of the spokes are now not touching the rims, I can live with it and you cant see it person but its very frustrating :mad:..... anyway enough whining and excuses have a look for youreslves:
2.jpg
1.jpg
Weathered using dark washes, a little drybrushing and pigments. Now onto the base :)

Latest posts

Back