Merseajohn's France Dio, Command Post 1/35

JohnSimmons

For Spud: I was once Merseajohn
Allright Lads! (and Ladets?)
Well I think I've got time for one more. Its going to be a dio depicting somewhere in france...at some time.....with stuff going on......Great back story eh? Basically I've got an mdf base cut in a figure of eight shape, which will have a command post at one side, a tiger tank at the other, maybe a captured armoured little french carrier, soldiers at rest looking at maps and playing with a dog! And a bunch of other stuff.
Here's the pics of the unstarted equipment!:
e1161b11.jpg

4494d9b1.jpg

And the Tiger tanks progress from the last 2 days while I've been off work sick :-X:
IMG_2521.jpg
IMG_2526.jpg
Ive got the resin Zim on the side and resin parts, also PE grills, and a turned barrel.
Hope you like it, and if theres anything I've done wrong please tell me. I'm not an armour guy and dont pretend to be lol!
Thanks for tuning in!
MJ

You've got to stop this mj, you're making us all look bad, you're becoming a model making machine!!!

Seriuosly though i'm looking forward to seeing this one as with all yor work

Another build ? ::)

Enough already

If you nail this one too, i swear i'm taking up knitting with Chris ;D LOL

Thats a lot of stuff to get done in only 5 weeks 8)

You might have to be "off sick" for all of June to get it finished

Gag

P.s is the barrel in wonky or is it just the perspective of the photo?

:D. Looks like MJ has no Monetary issues ! It's all out or nothin! LoL

Looking forward to that one as well!

Good luck with it!

Norm.

A few mere hours after the Mustang and look what you've accomplished already! I'm sure it didn't throw itself together, but man it looks sweet. Another lesson has started boys....everybody at attention.

spud said:
Looks good to me mj
Cheers Spud gun ;D
Jaitea said:
Looking good MJ.....sick?.....yeah right

J
Cough Cough!...I am really ;)
Leighbo said:
You've got to stop this mj, you're making us all look bad, you're becoming a model making machine!!!

Seriuosly though i'm looking forward to seeing this one as with all yor work
Ha Ha I'm just trying to get as much done as I can, at the end of June my model room will become a nursery and there wont be any modeling done for quite a while.
The Nylon Gag said:
Another build ? ::)

Enough already

If you nail this one too, i swear i'm taking up knitting with Chris ;D LOL

Thats a lot of stuff to get done in only 5 weeks 8)

You might have to be "off sick" for all of June to get it finished

Gag

P.s is the barrel in wonky or is it just the perspective of the photo?
Ha Cheers Gag! Everythings just dry fitted loosly (should have mentioned that ::))
schweinhund227 said:
:D. Looks like MJ has no Monetary issues ! It's all out or nothin! LoL

Looking forward to that one as well!

Good luck with it!

Norm.
Yup go big or go home lol
Glorfindel said:
A few mere hours after the Mustang and look what you've accomplished already! I'm sure it didn't throw itself together, but man it looks sweet. Another lesson has started boys....everybody at attention.
Cheers Glorfindel, should have another update by the end of the weekend.
Thanks again guys.
MJ

I'm not an armour guy either MJ, but I can confirm... That does look like a tank. I repeat, it does look like a tank. It has definite tank like characteristics.

Now I was going to take up knitting, but I see Chris and Gag are doing that. I'll have to try cross-stitching, surely I'll win something at that? ;D

Keep up the excellent work dude!

I think that this can be called a new good SMA tradition, since this is happening for the second time already:
It is Big Spring Contest time? Well, than be ready to see merseajohn presenting 3 outstanding builds!! ;)
Up to a new great start, buddy! Thumbs up!

Cheers guys your to kind ;)
So got some paint on her. Ive used Vallejo's Dunklegelb primer and its lovely stuff:
IMG_2536-1.jpg
IMG_2537-1.jpg
IMG_2538.jpg
I think I may try and lighten up the panels with some Tamiya Dark Yellow and Buff mix and give it a little 'modulation' if I can.
Anyway comments welcome.
Cheers guys.
MJ

Cheers J, Vallejo primer is awesome and quite forgiving. I mixed 50/50 with the Vallejo's thinner and it went on like silk hardley any spitting highly recomeneded.
So a quick update. Got the Tiger pretty much built, just got to do the tracks but they can wait I'm too eager to get some camo and winter wash on this beast!
Here's the pics, I highlighted areas with Tamiya Dark yellow xf 60:
IMG_2546.jpg
IMG_2547.jpg
IMG_2549.jpg
IMG_2551.jpg
Next up a coat of AK Interactive's Worn Effects then the camo....its a first for me so fingers crossed eh?
MJ ;)

Thanks Spud means a lot coming from an armour connoisseur as youreslf. Ill have another update tomorrow, I've jumped the gun a little and cracked on without taking step by step photo's :-\ but I've changed my idea about winter camo. Its just going to be a normandy version. Ive done the camo, first neautral wash, now I'm just hand painting the tools etc.

MJ....SW, Red Tails, WWII armor....do you color Easter eggs too? This looks fabulous. You are a very talented young man. Your Local Hobby Shop should be proud to have an enthusiast like you. I think we here all are.

hehe w/w is a cool to do but can be tricky to get right. looking forward to seeing your camo

Glorfindel said:
MJ....SW, Red Tails, WWII armor....do you color Easter eggs too? This looks fabulous. You are a very talented young man. Your Local Hobby Shop should be proud to have an enthusiast like you. I think we here all are.

Thanks Glorfindel thats really nice of you to say that ;D

spud said:
hehe w/w is a cool to do but can be tricky to get right. looking forward to seeing your camo

Yeah, with the time left and not really knowing what I'm doing I though against it lol.

So here's another update chaps, got the camo on and all that I've done in the way of weathering is a Neautral wash.
IMG_2554.jpg
IMG_2555.jpg
IMG_2556.jpg
IMG_2557.jpg
Hope you like it, now I've checked the pics out theres still some wash left to remove, anything else you see thats not right let me know, its a real learning curve doing these ww2 subjects and a big step out of my comfort zone lol.
MJ

Latest posts

Back