merseajohn's Fine Molds 1/144 Slave 1

I can't wait to see these lights!! Some incredible work here, matey. I love the wash and the weathering. Look at those guns!!! :eek:

Great stuff. Now hurry up postie, MJ needs his LEDs!!!

Dude I'm getting weak in the knees. Oh' wait, I've been standing at work all day. Those guns are either insanely small or you have the largest palm tracks on your hand of all time.
Andre the Giant laughs at you.

WELL WELL !!! Look at you go !

Wicked and Truly Awesome work my friend !!! on such a small craft !!!!

I can only imagine what you could do on the 72nd scale one !!!!

Can't wait for more....

Later dude !

I love the updates, but I've noticed an underlying theme here on this forum: Just about everyone's update pics leave me with my jaw on the floor!

Great work, John!

You contine to do a bang up job. I honestly can't wait to see it completed.

Hey guys, well she's all finished (maybe a little more pigments... ::)). First I'd like to say thanks to everyone for your lovely comments, it really gives you a boost to finish and get it right, also not to let you guys down!
Glorfindel you make me laugh man! Nope normal size hands lol, And Jamaicanmodels69 nope down with my peepers no maganification. And thanks the rest of you!
Ok so some pics (theres quite a few and there pretty big, photobucket's creaking as I wright this)!!
IMG_1882.jpg
IMG_1886.jpg
IMG_1888.jpg
IMG_1806.jpg
IMG_1814.jpg
IMG_1887.jpg
IMG_1891.jpg
IMG_1892.jpg

It's both cute and awesome! Love the lighting, a cherry on top of a fantastically executed cake. Pure inspiration, wonderful job!

OMG!!! one of the most difficult paint jobs in the star wars kit world and yu did it 100% awesome and at that tiny scale! cheers John!!!

John, fantastic work buddy. This is indeed impressive stuff. You've given me so many ideas and tips during this thread. I've gotta say, thankyou for sharing it with us.

Very very cool! 8)

Oh, John, man, this is 10 of 10!!
The paintwork is indistinguishable from the one done by ILM on the studio model - every little detail is presented 100% correctly.
One new superb work You can be mad proud of on the shelf of your masterpieces.
Bravo!

Thanks so much guys, Punkpigpen! where have you been hiding? I wanna see anoth SS build up! 8) Up next? dont know.....Competion is just round the corner so.....nothing to big or time consuming....I feel a tank coming on ;D And thanks again to the rest of you guys.
And this is just for fun:
IMG_1908.jpg

AWESOME!!

Could you post some more pictures of your 1/72 version....does it light up also.

How do you power the lights? Batteries or power supply?

J

Cheers Jaitea, here's the link to the pics of it on my photobucket account:
http://s961.photobucket.com/albums/ae95/merseajohn/Slave%201%20Fine%20Molds/
It's still not finished, I started it a couple of years ago when I was very new to the hobby, the 1/144 is actually much better painted imho. I may strip it and repaint it one day when I'm low on models (but there is about twenty in the stash!).

Latest posts

Back