merseajohn's Anigrand 1/144 Resin Sentinal Shuttle

JohnSimmons

For Spud: I was once Merseajohn
Hey guys in my madness I'v started yet another kit! Its Anigrand's wonderfull (though expensive :mad:) 1/144 Resin Sentinal Shuttle. It's a great kit with only minor clean up needed to the parts, there will be quite a bit of seam filling though :(. First off here's a pick of the model dry fitted:
fa776fde.jpg
After sorting the parts, I thought I'd jump right in and figure out how to light this funny looking sucker! First off I made a cast of the rear engines. I used a mix of 75 to 25 of 'smooth on' (part A at 75%) to get a rubbery translucent copy of the part so light would 'hopefully' show through.
fb4e6e4f.jpg
5mm Blue LED behind the cast :D
8b9eea89.jpg
Test fitted in the model, I hope to only use 2 sanded flat 5mm LED's behind each engine. Also I'm going to use 1 white 5mm 'blinking' LED going to two thick strands of fibre optic for flashing lights on the bottom ;)
cfdc9c25.jpg
As always comments, hints, abuse welcome! And sorry for the bad pics again they were taken on my phone, I'll get the better camera out later when the kit gets prettier lol

Yes mate, it was briefly seen flying off in the "look sir droids" scene in the 97 special editions.
vlcsnap-2011-11-22-18h59m45s209.png

Great looking kit! Love the little Tie Fighters/Interceptors whatever type they are.

Great job with that engine part. Looks like a nice start.

Nice!! I get to see one of Anigrands kits built up.

On a side note, I am not convinced that they stopped making the star wars kits. Supposedly they only made 100 of each kit, but they are far to easy to find on Ebay if that was true.

I would love to get my hands on their star destroyer.....

That kit could prove the seam challenge based on the shots you've shown.
But it should be an interesting build

Thanks Q, Igard and Grendels I believe theres still a way of getting hold of these kits.
Anyway heres the engines all lit up! Still a got a tiny bit of diffusion to do though so not sealing her up yet.
IMG_1362.jpg

Thanks Grendels, Igard, Punk, Gag! Got the first coat of primer on and it looks as if the the seams need me attention.
a507505c.jpg
853ca61c.jpg
That last one actually shows up how bad the seams are they actually look better in person :p

Latest posts

Back