Merseajohn's 1/48 P51 d mustang Tuskegee Airmen version

Thinking I might take up knitting ;D ;D ....Fantastic work John ,you've nailed the wingy things :)

That sir ...is a thing of beauty ! ;)

Chris.

Thanks so much for all the kind words guys, really appreciate it ;)
Now on to my next build(s)!
Check back later, should have the next entry up by this evening.
Later.
MJ

Man you are a MACHINE!!!

Cheers on another fantastic build! I just wonder where you were when they were filming Redtails...Lucas could have used a kick in the butt back to studio models. :p

This is wicked, John!
What an awesome result - the paintjob is fantastic, and the final touch with this great base makes it a complete miracle.
And You've done it so incredibly fast!
Bravo, mate!

p.s.: so, in the end, what major steps have You made in painting is after the primer applied? Just asking 'cause I consider building a plane once, and it would be great to know what are the main techniques which are handy in building a miracle :)

Cheers Sol, basically it went primer, pre shade, base coat, loads of klear coats for decals and washes etc then oils, AK streaking and finally pigments.
Hope that helps :)

They really do fit perfectly, John! just as if they've been initially made to be there.
Thumbs up!

Man, I just gotta say one more time this build amazes this shit out of me. I've absolutely fallen in love with it. Mad props to you once again (pun intended ;))

Ha, cheers Nick ;D it was a lot of fun....but does look a little odd next to the millennium falcon though lol

I just found this beatuyful bird. I so love the Mustang, have the 1:32 Tamiya Kit in my stash..

One thing... the weathering is really nice, but the insignia signs are not weathered at all? They are so bright and shiny, doesn`t fit for me.

My opinion...

Ben, if you read through the thread you'll notice that I had a nasty issue with the decals. Thanks for looking though.

Latest posts

Back