Merseajohn's 1/48 P51 d mustang Tuskegee Airmen version

I'm sorry to see the decal destruction.. But I'm glad your keeping on with the bird and didn't smash it. The paint job looks top notch. I'm sure you'll be very pleased once the new decals come in and its all finished.

With the outstanding results in building and painting this plane I can only hope that the theme of aviation won't completely drag You away from sci-fi, buddy :)
seriously, it looks so great, that I'd completely agree with the mention above - extremely easy to confuse and say that You've been doing planes for years! I'm sure, lots of people can only wish their first plane to turn as cool as yours.
And it is sad seeing your trouble with the decals- I'm glad it didn't stop You and You're on the way to fix that and finish this awesome bird ;)

MJ.......Nooooooooooooooooooooooo! I feel your pain man. Same thing happened to me. Maybe it's a Mustang thing.

Decals7.jpg

If I could fix this so can you. And better then me as well.

finishedpony8.jpg

Chin up son. That Star Wars theme really isn't too far off now is it? Chipped paint all finished....heck all you need is an R2 unit and some "Streaking Grime" (AK plug) and your off to the races! Giddy up!

Hey MJ,
If you don't have any space to display the plane I guess I could take it off your hands... ;D

That girl is beautiful!!!

Thanks so much guys, it's been a lot of fun. It's been great learning new techniques and a great hassle free build (especially for a first plane!). Thanks again for the encouragement, cheers.
Final Pics:
IMG_2487.jpg
IMG_2491.jpg
IMG_2495.jpg
IMG_2502.jpg
IMG_2506.jpg
IMG_2508.jpg
IMG_2511.jpg
IMG_2513.jpg

:eek: :eek: :eek:

OK thats it :(

you multi-talented folks are realy starting to get on my nerves now

First its a show stopping Rebel blockade runner now this stunning Mustang, whats next a working Iron man suit LOL ;D ;D ;D

I, sir, am not worthy, i have taken off my hat and given it away, wonderful stuff buddy

The Nylon Gag

Awesome Finale MJ!!! What will you surprise and amaze us with next????? ;D

Latest posts

Back