Merseajohn's 1/144 FM MF--finished

Re: Merseajohn's 1/144 FM MF

Thanks Scott, Underlord, Ken, John, fumblethumbs, Q and Punk that web site link is great thanks. The guys Falcon on page 19 is just awsome! :eek:
Right another quick update. Got the base coat down now. I'm always so picky with my falcon builds (ie never satisfied with the intial colour) I get to caught up with the grey, I do like it to have a creamy look to it and I have my own formula for it. But just looking at that awsome Falcon on that link just gets me thinking it should have a cold look rather than my 'warm' version.....I dont know I'll shut up now and let you guys decide lol
IMG_0860.jpg
IMG_0862.jpg

Looking really good there.
I agree about it looking much larger

You are a fast guy, as I see ;D
Great job on this one, buddy! Thumbs up! :)

Thanks chaps and here's some more! The 'tan' markings have been done with Floquill concrete, they look a bit dark... :-\ but I think thats because the base coat is lighter than I'm used to. The few I'v missed I will be doing with pastels at the weathering stage. Enjoy :D
IMG_0910.jpg
IMG_0911.jpg

Great Job !! Hells Yeah ! I'm lookin' forward to th washes &th Final Lighting !! I Really Dig th rear ! Great Color of light !

Thanks guys very small update, although I liked the colour of the tan panels I still thought they were to dark. So I went in and lightened them up and added the few that were missing. Also added the blue/ grey panels. What do you guys think? :)
IMG_0913.jpg
IMG_0912.jpg

Awesome job here!
Once again I'm getting sure You have an excellent eye for colors

Definitely looking good.
Color could work well, either way

Looking great, I really like the colour you have on her.

I am very impressed with the 144th... they packed a lot of details in her... Good job on the paint...
:D

Thanks very much schweinhund227, scratchy, Q, solander and punk!
Heres another update, got most of the colours down (not happy with the yellow...I hate you yellow!) just need to add the red (not happy with the red either but I like you red 8)) flutes at the back, and then onto the bottom! And with the weathering I think it will tie everything together nicely.
IMG_0917.jpg
IMG_0914.jpg
IMG_0916.jpg

did you use the same base coat as your 1/72 falcon? I had always understood that the base for the 32" was less tan. And he browning came from the weathering.

This all being said, your 1/72 has the finest paintjob I've seen on a falcon

Latest posts

Back