Mercurius 1/144 (Gundam wing)

YOULI

That which does not kill us makes us stronger !
At a flee market I've found for 0,50 euros some WIng Gundam models. One is the perfect candidate for some original building, even though it's already built (by someone else, not very talented...). So I thought it could be interesting to post it here...

It's the Mercurius shown in Wing Gundam. It's a Bandai model kit, 1/144, nothing fancy but I like its design, it can be a good one with some modification and a good painting.

The original mecha design is this.

oz-13msx2.jpg
323px-OZ-13MSX2_Mercrius_Front_View_Lineart.jpg
319px-OZ-13MSX2_Mercrius_Back_View_Lineart.jpg

The model kit is this, even the stickers weren't put correctly.

There a lot of details to be re-done. I've already put apart some parts that can be the good candidates to upgrade this model kit. Some spheres for the shoulders, plastic card to fill voids, modify some shape... And new hands. :)

That will wait, though, my return in Paris in 5 weeks. Sorry about that... Don't have any Gundam model kits with me in the Pyrenees mountains. :)

Nice one!!! Nothing better than a little recycling!! Can't beat the price either!! I did the dude with the sickle, that one is interesting too!!

The Vayate ? Same model, different head and weapons. :)

Plan to do it sooner or later. :)

I always thought the Mercurius, and the Vayate were very cool designs. I was disappointed that no 1/100 scale kits were ever made of them. However, I feel that way about a lot of the 1/144 scale kits!

It seems unfair than some poor design, or MS done hundred of times, are made in 1/100 scale, since some better MS IMHO are limited to 1/144.
Fortunatly, there is some GK, even if not entirely honest, that can beat the plastic up with some good resin, in 1/100, 1/48, 1/35 and now 1/24... ANd that's not only the head or the bust. Man, would I see some day a Ex-S Gundam in 1/35 scale, the full mecha ! :)

Bad news everyone.

Like John would say "life goes on the way". I'm way too busy to do anything about my kits for the time being.
I've got missions (job as a journalist), and a moving to the South of France to handle.

I'm afraid that I can't build or resume my projects before several months, once I'll be settle down, since the new house need some rough modifications and a lot of care to be able to welcome all my stuff.

But no worry, in 2013 I'll be back with a looooooot to share with you guys ! :D

My new home is still not ready to welcome my many model kits but I was able to travel with Mercurius some weeks ago. All the parts are here, the replacement ones too...

Maybe this summer you'lle receive some news about Mercurius. If it's hot enough (Mercurius... Hot... Joke... haha ! :) )

Latest posts

Back