Mercedes L4500R Maultier - Armour I guess :)

okay, folks, I am done with the build stage :) It was a lot of putty and sanding around the cabin roof...

IMGP3193.jpg

A poster with a girl adds a nice touch to the model :) And the black thing under the engine is scratch from yogurt plastic. The one in the kit was incorrect.

IMGP3198.jpg

Well, even more - I managed to start pre-shading! Want to do smth interesting with that one and hope not to fail :) Time is running out....

IMGP3200.jpg

Very nice Roman, looking forward to paint :)

And i enjoyed your artical, It was a big one on too :) you should defo do more of that stuff :)

I am glad you like the article, thanks! I still haven't got my copy... seems to be delivered by a real snail mail.

What I like about SMA is that you always have a possibility to learn something from great people here. A couple of weeks ago TRM started his tutorial series and that inspired me regarding what to do with my truck. No, I am not going to wreck it, but I did some multilayer chipping with the help of his tutorials, with only difference that I changed the order of paints.
Was that a good experience - definitely YES, does it look good - you decide :)

IMGP3209.jpg

My intention was to show a truck that has a bit rust and was repainted once the pain was completely faded.

Transfered decals and going to do start the weathering.
For the license plates I read the information about numbers in post war Germany and then took a set of Alliance Model Works license plates.
IMGP3220.jpg

IMGP3221.jpg

The multilayer chipping looks interesting but I will add more rusty stuff later as well as scratches.

IMGP3219.jpg

time to mess with pigments. These were just dropped on the model and then fixed with enamel thinner. After drying I removed excess with a clean brush (On the front tires they are still wet and I need to correct them on the inner surface of road wheels, but you get the feeling anyway). The tracks would be there soon ;)
If you need a brand - that's combination of Vallejo and MIG.

IMGP3230.jpg

WOW! Talk about a weathering job!

Really great work, I'm really impressed by your quality model!
Now all it needs is a nice base ;D

oh a block of foam for rubble? i was wondering what you were going to put in the back.

Latest posts

Back