Mercedes L4500R Maultier - Armour I guess :)

Bizarre

Hi everyone. This is my entry for BSC 2012 - Revell/Zvezda Maultier. This kit is special for me because I got it from my wife as a birthday present last year with the words "You need to build smth different than tanks, I think this a good kit of a truck". And a couple of months later she asked - "when are you going to build my birthday present... ?" I told her that I need a proper occasion for that and BSC 2012 is a really PROPER reason to open a birthday present kit:)

I won't start it today, since I need to finish painting of at least one model before that, but I thought I might open the thread to support the contest, Scott and the SMA community!

IMG_4236.JPG

I will use a set of PE and probably correct smth in this kit. I haven't decided on the finishing options anyway.

Sooo. Let the contest begin!

And with that the 2012 Contest is officially underway! Gonna be one awesome ride!

very nice roman looking forward to seeing how it turns out, and good luck

Nice looks like a fun build, I just got done on paypal registering my entry. The wait is finally over!!!!!

Biz your wife said that to you? And she gave you another model kit to build to boot? That bride of yours is golden.

Glorfindel said:
Biz your wife said that to you? And she gave you another model kit to build to boot? That bride of yours is golden.
Yes, she said. But the other kits I am finishing now are not from her :))) Anyway, she is the best woman I can imagine and she brought me back into the hobby after 15 years absence :)

Thanks, everyone, I'll try to start the build next week or a bit later...

Ah, I see You've managed to make a choice, Roman :)
And a great one!
Will be watching this with interest!

well, I started the build (couldn't resist while the kidz were having aftermeal sleep) and it doesn't looks great - a lot of flash and the parts are not that good as Dragon\Bronco\Tamiya... they are even worse then Trumpeter!

This is what I have after 1 evening. As I said before this is not an up-to-date kit, but I am getting used to the quality. A lot of parts, a lot of clean-up job...

IMG_4247.JPG

IMG_4248.JPG

Sorry for taking the images with the old camera - I will take some nice images later...

Hey Roman that's an interesting project and I must say you have guts and patience to make Revell kit ;)

ok, while chatting with my wife about kids education I managed to do some more stuff ;)

First I thought to change the road wheels with Dragon but these tracks are a bit smaller then they should be on Panzer II (the problem of Zvezda models, sometimes they could be undersized).
IMG_4251.JPG

That's pretty complicated suspension... I will do another side tomorrow.

IMG_4252.JPG

The front axle is OK detailed and the pattern on the wheels is quite good - each wheel comes in 3 parts.
IMG_4254.JPG

I also glued some cargo parts - the wood texture is well reproduced here.

IMG_4253.JPG

Dry fit. A very large half-track. You could probably put a Panzer I in the cargo ;)

IMG_4256.JPG

Latest posts

Back