Meng World War Toons Panther

That turned out great! I see what you mean by calling it "tiny", The first photos I was thinking that it was a good sized model. After seeing the Altoids box for scale it is small. You did a great job on such a small scale model, I like it!

Thank you Larry! It's a great refresher to build something that is simple, less than a week to finish, no dealing with aftermarket, accuracy issues, plastic surgery, etc. These things are fun.

Looks crisp!

How is the quality on Meng? Never built a Meng kit but I got the impression they are top quality. Like Bandai.

This is my 2nd Meng kit, fit is really good, perhaps a few parts were a bit tight (could be built without glue), but no issues really.

My first Meng kit was their Whippet. I enjoyed that as well, but a few of the parts were strange, in that some of the tanks upper hull were molded as flat pieces and then you bend them into angles. And the tracks were very fiddly, but other than that, built up nice. Detail was superb, on par with modern kit manufacturers. I'd like to built some of Meng's modern armor one of these days.

Not too bad, not like a Dragon kit at least. Sheesh, I still haven't finished my Dragon M1A2SEP because the parts count is just idiotic. I'm all for as much detail as possible, but I appreciate Tamiya-esque ease of build more these days. It's the kind of kit I bring out for a week or two per year, do a bit and then forget about it lol. I started it in 2012. The Dragon DS styrene tracks disintegrated on me, so I purchase aftermarket tracks from Bronco. Each track link is about 4 or 5 parts, so it takes a long time. Maybe I'll finish it before I turn 60.

I liked the Meng kit that I built, it was the Char 2C giant French tank. I built the model primarily to use as a reference to build a 1/16 Char 2C but it finished out nicely. I would definitely go with another Meng kit in the future. This photo was taken before either one of the models was finished and detailed.

Attachments

• IMG_20190616_201352.jpg
    IMG_20190616_201352.jpg
    273.1 KB · Views: 6
Wolf Star, now you need to build the Toon Sherman and put both models into a toon diorama. I don't think I have ever seen that done:) What would a "toon" diorama look like?

Last edited:
I've never built a deformed style kit, I found it in Hobby Lobby for $15 and figured what the heck. It's just tiny, 1/55 scale...
It's interesting I saw a bit of these on the Meng website and wondered who they were marketing to aside from a modeler looking to pass the time or try something slightly different I never pictured a WWII German panther tank cartoonish or any war machine for that fact but hey to each there own. It's a cool little tank though

Latest posts

Back