Meng 1/35 Whippet

The Whippet has always been a Tank I liked and this is a very nice and lifelike one. Comparing the figure there realy is not much room for guys in that superstructure. Devo: "Whippet, Whippet good!"

Beautiful! I love the mud effects. This reminds me that: a) WWI Tanks are really cool; and b) I really need to learn how to make a base for my Panzer I Breda.

How is that Meng kit, by the way? Would you recommend it for a beginner, @Wolf Star ? I'm looking for easy to build kits that I can quickly get to the painting and weathering stages (the latter being the only thing I can do well...).

Thank you!
The Meng kit is good, but not great IMO. Some of the armor facets are weird in that you have to carefully fold/glue as if they were made from photo etch but they are just stryrene parts. The tracks are fiddly and fragile once assembled, and I had considerable issues getting them to stay together. I ended up gluing them all on once painted. It's a pretty good kit as far as fitting, but those issues detracted from its greatness. It doesn't have the grace of say a Tamiya kit. I would like to get the Takom Whippet to compare in the future.

The superdetailer could have a field day with it.

Very nice, I really like the weathering. I am still not happy with my weathering efforts, I don't have the courage to really "mess it up" on my models.
Maybe some day, until then I can admire models like yours!

Very nice, I really like the weathering. I am still not happy with my weathering efforts, I don't have the courage to really "mess it up" on my models.
Maybe some day, until then I can admire models like yours!
Thanks Larry, that's nice of you to say. Watch some you tube vids on weathering, and you can develop your own technique. Practice on an old or a cheap model.

Latest posts

Back