Meng 1/35 M2A3 Bradley w/Busk III

Sconet

Hello This is my entry for the 2014 BSC

P3010002_zps7879c0cf.jpg

It is the Meng 1/35 M2A3 Bradley w/Busk III

Hey Sconet !
Nice work on the brad can't wait to see more . That meng kit looks awesome. I'm doing the tamiya brad I'm filling and sanding away . How's the clean up on your kit ?

Army Vet said:
Hey Sconet !
Nice work on the brad can't wait to see more . That meng kit looks awesome. I'm doing the tamiya brad I'm filling and sanding away . How's the clean up on your kit ?
I Hate to say but the Meng kit is almost to easy so far.
On the outside there is two small injector pin marks.
LowerHull3_zpsd7173dec.jpg

and on the inside there are four large raised marks on the rear of the hull, which sanded away with no probs
and two sunken at the front, little putty and there gone. All were very easy to get too.
8553f4b7-77c6-4bbe-8367-7214a63fe8a0_zpsfa9f562f.jpg

I really hope i haven't shot myself in the foot with that comment, But this kit is falling into place at the moment.

Man that is nice ! I'm a fan of the brad . I was in the Army infantry and was a infantry dismount on Bradley's from 2002-2005 . 1-41infantry 1AD .

That kit is right at the top of my order list next time I do a order from Hong Kong so I'll be watching this one with much interest.
Looking good so far and always nice to hear that a kit does not put up a fight.

Army Vet said:
Man that is nice ! I'm a fan of the brad . I was in the Army infantry and was a infantry dismount on Bradley's from 2002-2005 . 1-41infantry 1AD .

The Men and Women that serve for their Countries around the world have my respect.
Watching the news and documentaries (not hollywood with guns blazing) of real service life has me in awe of what they do whether they agree or not with the orders they are given.
The stresses that some are under day by day must be intense.

It makes the research we do on our kits all that much more important to do honour to the history of the subject.

I've not spent much time at the bench this last week.
but i have managed to put some colour on the wheels. I'm using Ammo of mig's US modern Vehicles
as it is a lighter colour than Vallejos and AK's
wheels1_zps41825033.jpg

And the inner lower hull. this is Vallejos Green Sky as per the instructions.
innerhull_zps6c02f413.jpg

I'm not sure if i should build the kit out of box or try to add some extra wire/hose details as the pics on the net show many running around the Bradley.

From Meng-model's website

(This kit consists of 667 parts on 23 plastic sprues (incl. 179 interior parts on 6 sprues), 31 parts on 3 PE frets, 10 parts on 2 TPE sprues (incl. passengers’ safety belts and coaxial machine gun bullet belt), 168 track links of 2 cement-free workable tracks.)

Hey Sconet ..
The paint on the road wheels looks good .. How does the Ammo by Mig spray do you have to thin it ? I have AK's modern vehicle color but. Don't know what too thin it with.
The green on the inside looks good as well . Trust me after a few weeks in country every thing i is covered in dust and dirt we try to keep it clean but once you go on mission it's no use .
Looks good man ! :)

Thanks ArmyVet

i added a few drops of there thinner to the airbrush when i did the wheels 50/50 but when i did a test spray without any it still laid down nice. id say the same for the AK both are very liquid straight from the bottle. Both AK and Ammo have there own thinners and water should do the trick as i believe they are true acrylics.

Hi All
Progress is none existent over the last few days.
Work just gave me 30 extra hours this last week on top of my normal 40.
We were doing some renovations the the site next door to expand our shop so most of my time after work was spent there, but thats all done now so hopefully i can get a few days off and get stuck in to this build.

Hope to have some updates soon.

Scott

Latest posts

Back