MENG 1/35 GCT 155mm Auf1 '' During the IFOR mission ''

hummingbird

Good day to you guys. Hope you all having a nice sunny, summer days. Weather here in London is crap though.

Anyway,I just finished another Kit. It's the GCT 155mm AUF1 from MENG. I'm not going to put in here how is the kit as a lot of review has already covered that when it came out. However, if you are building this, glue the infernal suspension (unless you want to put this on a diorama) and invest in another track set ( either metal tracks or other plastic offering).

For colour, I bought some AMMO paint to test it out.

The interior is painted using Tamiya light blue and Vallejo ModelColour White. Tamiya light blue has a very strong blue tone ModelColour white was use to bring it down. The chipping inside and outside are done with AMMO chipping colour.

Since I knew this was going to be a hard edge, I bought the pre made masks from J's model works.

Wanting to show a used up vehicle, I opted to use the IFOR decals from the kit and put on the '' Mont Igman 1995 '' decals to depict a vehicle used in the IFOR mission. As such, I decided to go heavy on the chippings, mud and dusts and throw some busy stowage on the little rack at the back.

P1150960-2.jpg

P1150961-2.jpg

P1150962-2.jpg

P1150963-2.jpg

P1150974-2.jpg

P1150971-2.jpg

P1150975-2.jpg

Well, that's about as much I can sum up about the build. More informations and more photos ( many more) can be found on my blog -
http://modeller-innovation.blogspot.co.uk/2014/05/meng-135-gct-155mm-auf1-during-ifor.html
Please do have a look and thank you so much in advance for any feedback you guys may have. C&C are welcomed. Just be gentle... LOL.

Until the next launch .

Not really sure what IFOR is, nor what the thing is itself (self-propelled gun?), BUT, I like it!! :D

Sweet paint job, looks very realistic. Got any pics of the interior?

Cave_Dweller said:
Not really sure what IFOR is, nor what the thing is itself (self-propelled gun?), BUT, I like it!! :D

Sweet paint job, looks very realistic. Got any pics of the interior?

IFOR stands for the Implementation Force and this is a SPG yes .... and thank you for loving it.

Many more pics and close ups and interior shots can be found on my blog ( linked on my first post ) .. they are in 4000X3000 on there so you can see in HD .. :p

Since I knew this was going to be a hard edge, I bought the pre made masks from J's model works.

I have to ask: what's a J's model works please?

BTW, awesome job on everything especially on the weathering. You'll have to explain too what's this on investing on a new tracks set, because I didn't read about reviews yet of this model.

Plz again of course

Marc

mack_jigger said:

I have to ask: what's a J's model works please?

BTW, awesome job on everything especially on the weathering. You'll have to explain too what's this on investing on a new tracks set, because I didn't read about reviews yet of this model.

Plz again of course

Marc

Hi Marc.. of cos it's not bother.. ok it's actually J's work ( not J's model work .. I got the name work ) .. basically, they make pre cut mask for a number of kits .. this is a sample of what they offer - http://www.modelarmour.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=2444:js-work-king-tiger-henschel-camo-mask&catid=37:kits&Itemid=60

and this is one of their product ...

and the tracks for this kits are just abysmal ... ( I have no other words to describe it ).. if they make it something more on the line of the newer Bradley tracks or Leopard tracks, it would have been better. IT's so fragile and so hard to glue on to. I ended up gluing everything down as normal individual tracks.... I would have been happier if they just include normal indi tracks like their A39.... but I am giving them the benefit of the doubt that this is their initial kits so it was '' buggy '' ( for want of better word ) .. so, according to my research, these tracks are not used on this particular version or something .. ( I could be wrong on that ).... If you plan to build this, save yourself some anger induced heart attack and invest in after market track set

Latest posts

Back