Masking help!

austin132010

Hey guys, my problem is that when ever I put masking tape on my models the paint is peeled off with the tape. :-\

Any help?

What type of paint are you using? Acryl, enamel... what brand? Are you priming?
What type of masking tape? I have found that the cheaper masking tape tends to have a little bit stickier sticky side. How long are you leaving it on b4 removing?

All of these are contributing factors... The Tamiya masking tape, while a tad more expensive than the plain stuff, is awesome IMHO.

I had this very same problem in the past, cheap masking tape and Testors paints. I think it was a combo of the two....

prime your model, paint, let the paint cure untill you cant smell it anymore, clear coat, let clear coat cure, mask, paint, pull masks off as soon as possible.

i prime with rustoleum auto primer, paint with tamiya acrylics, and clear coat with testors lacquer clears, mask with tamiya masking tape,

had the same problem untill i started doing this

hope this helps

I use Tamiya tape. Acrylic Model Master and Tamiya paints and Model Master primer.

I think the problem is that I don't let the paint dry long enough. I'll also try what you said MrNatural.

Sometimes I don't use primer especially small parts I let it cure for a day or 2, I also use tamiya tape, sometimes blue tac.

Latest posts

Back