Ma.K Falke

Last nights chipping session... Too much? I considered the left (port?) side of the hatch to be the main means of in and out.

20150614_201821.jpg

20150614_201433_1.jpg

Looking great. I don't think you've over done the chipping. But, I like things overly chipped.

Not overdone, when you start the weathering that'll blend it in anyway. Great stuff

Well, 'luck' is in my favor; a second day of rain means I'm home instead of work. Time for decals and weathering!

I just saw the extension to 5 July, get cracking, John!

Thanks Nick, you'll manage, John.

Decal disaster yesterday... :mad:

20150617_160244.jpg

I was thinking about trying to make this work:
20150617_180848.jpg

Grabbed a paintbrush instead. Still needs work. :(
20150617_194401.jpg

I love your Falke! The cockpit is great, and I love the colors you've chosen for the finish scheme.

I've had that same kind of wrinkling happen with decals on my Raptor kit. The dekkles just didn't want to confirm to surfaces that were sharply curved, like protruding bumps. I wound up using a combination of poking holes with a sewing needle and slicing with a Nr 11 blade, and repeated applications of decal setting solution. Then I touched up with matching paint, but also weathered over it. That's the great thing about MaK--something like this happens, just weather it!

Baron, I threw every trick I had at it, and you saw the results. I'm happy with the painted result, came out looking like hand painted nose art.

Glad you guys like it; lets see what the SMA community thinks come final reveal time ;) There is some serious builds going on!

Great stuff there scratch! Love the chipping and the nose art!! ;D ;D ;D

Latest posts

Back